antiX-cli-cc problem?

Forum Forums News Sid Upgraders antiX-cli-cc problem?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by eriefisher Feb 12-3:53 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

eriefisher

Hey all!

I recently reinstalled and was playing around with some of the antiX tools. I opened the antiX-cli-cc to have a look, scrolled through the options to see what was there as I have never really looked at it. Nice little package of goodies. When done I exited and carried on for a short while then walked away. The next morning I could hear the fan of my laptop pegged at the limit. I started to look around to see what was going on, the only thing opened was Chrome and Thunderbird. Both have issue with scripts running amuck and need to be closed occasionally but this was not the case. I ran Htop and found that antiX-cli-cc was pinning 1 cpu but no sub process of it. Is this a possible bug? Has this been notice before? I figure it’s not exiting correctly but have not looked at the script. Let me know if there is something to look for. Maybe you have already corrected it and forgot to tell me?

Tight lines
    eriefisher

fungalnet
    fungalnet

Are you running /sid or stable? Because you are reporting this on the sid subforum.

eriefisher

This is sid. It’s all I run.

skidoo

Did you launch antiX-cli-cc from tty or from within a desktop session (via menu entry or via terminal emulator commandline)?
    If the latter, what you’ve reported is likely this

ceni, and at least one other TUI application I’ve used, can “peg a CPU core” if the application is not quit cleanly, regardless of how it was launched.
    To avoid “taking the blame” as viewed in htop, the GUI control center could utilize a launchstring which appends ;disown
    but that probably isn’t suitable for the cli version (control center wrapper waits for the child process to terminate then redraws its menu).

eriefisher

Launched from the desktop via xfce4-terminal.

The description is correct, however, I did not start ceni or any other script in the menu. I just scrolled through the menus then exited with the menu option I believe. I’m not worried about it, just thought I would mention it.

Tight lines
    eriefisher

skidoo

xfce4-terminal v0.8.3-1 (antiX 17.3.1 stable) ~~~ expect “sid” version of xfce4-terminal would behave the same
    gksu xfce4-terminal —} antiX-cli-cc
    xfce4-terminal —} sudo antiX-cli-cc
    xfce4-terminal —} antiX-cli-cc
    Tested various launchedBy permutations… visited each of the submenus… tested normal quit, Ctrl+C quit, click redX xfce4-terminal titlebar icon to quit while antiX-cli-cc still running… tested all the above and I cannot reproduce what you’ve reported.

Also tested
    roxterm-gtk2 v2.9.5-1
    lxterminal v0.3.0-2
    ^—- quirk noticed with both of these: upon exiting antiX-cli-cc:
    terminal prompt cursor color has been reset, displays a red block cursor

eriefisher

Hmm. I will try later and see if I can reproduce it. Weird?

Tight lines
    eriefisher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.