[SOLVED]: antiX Control Center Package

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins [SOLVED]: antiX Control Center Package

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Nov 1-3:41 pm by BobC.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    techore

I am considering installing the antiX Control Center on the respin that I am developing.

Is the correct package antix-cc-antix? I assume all dependencies are included under “depends.”

Thank you!

BobC
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

Why not write a flashdrive, and try it on there? If you find things that are dependencies that are not listed, let the Devs know so they can update the list.

caprea
    Helpful
    Up

If the starting point of your respin is antiX21 or 22 it’s the package control-centre-antix.

techore
    Helpful
    Up

If the starting point of your respin is antiX21 or 22 it’s the package control-centre-antix.

Thank you, @caprea! Exactly the information I was seeking.

Silly me was hunting for “center” not “centre!”

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

The way to hunt was

$ dpkg -S antixcc.sh
    control-centre-antix: /usr/local/bin/antixcc.sh

Note that you had the wrong program name, too.

techore
    Helpful
    Up

antix-cc-antix is not a program but a package that purported to be the “Control centre for antiX full and base versions.” I found several packages stating the same thing.

The use of dpkg assumes I had Control Centre installed. I didn’t but I do now and testing on antix-core. Seeing problems already, but that is a result of my respin not having a number of features that Control Centre, understandable, assumes exist, e.g. display manager.

It’s all good. Experimenting and I appreciate the help.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

I would suggest, since you are trying to run programs that come with the full version, to run the full version on a second machine to refer to. It might be possible to run that in a virtual machine if you have only one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.