antiX Core Plus Just Enough X – a recipe

Forum Forums General Tips and Tricks antiX Core Plus Just Enough X – a recipe

• This topic has 17 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Nov 3-8:44 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    alpage2

Many thanks Brian

I’ll give this a go as soon as time permits – but meanwhile I am having an unexpected problem with the keyboard – which I’ll put in a more appropriate thread.

Alan

alpage2

I found time at last to add ‘Just Enough X’ to my 32-bit antiX 23 core on my ancient netbook (Aspire One D260-A) – and very pleased with the result. My yahoo mail has become usable again, on firefox. I prefer to boot into a terminal only system, and startx only when I want it, so made no changes to /etc/inittab or ~/.profile. I’ll explore more lightweight applications (and more CLI apps), over time.

Thanks again to @Christophe for showing the way!

Brian Masinick

I found time at last to add ‘Just Enough X’ to my 32-bit antiX 23 core on my ancient netbook (Aspire One D260-A) – and very pleased with the result. My yahoo mail has become usable again, on firefox. I prefer to boot into a terminal only system, and startx only when I want it, so made no changes to /etc/inittab or ~/.profile. I’ll explore more lightweight applications (and more CLI apps), over time.

Thanks again to @Christophe for showing the way!

Yeah, the excellent guide by @christophe gave me the motivation to do an antiX 23 Core build. Sure, I’ve done it before but that was MANY years ago and a LOT has changed. Thanks to the guidance I was 100% successful and now that I did it the memory and steps for what to do gradually returned. I did the same with a Base installation and also had good results.

Congratulations on your success. Your effort is a much more significant accomplishment because of the hardware requirements available in your configuration.

--
          Brian Masinick

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.