antiX fails to kill all processes on shutdown – is it normal?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions antiX fails to kill all processes on shutdown – is it normal?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jan 1-8:57 am by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bajingan

antiX fails to kill all processes on shutdown – but in the end, it would shutdown after all.

Is it normal?

Anonymous

Can you mention any specifics as to what you are seeing?

What you are seeing may be the scripted attempted shutdown of processes which were never actually started.
        FWIW, on some machines I see harmless mention of cpu_freq (or cpufrequtils?) at each shutdown as well as during each boot
        (b/c the cpu_freq kernel module is active, yet the machine’s bios or CPU lacks support for that feature)

Bajingan

Can you mention any specifics as to what you are seeing?

What you are seeing may be the scripted attempted shutdown of processes which were never actually started.
          FWIW, on some machines I see harmless mention of cpu_freq (or cpufrequtils?) at each shutdown as well as during each boot
          (b/c the cpu_freq kernel module is active, yet the machine’s bios or CPU lacks support for that feature)

[FAIL] Killing all processes.

… (I don’t see it clearly because it goes through in a blink of eye. Suddenly, my machine is successfully turned off.)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Bajingan.
          Anonymous

That generic [fail] message is just a notification that not all processes had responded to “kill” signal before the shutdown timer had elapsed.
            Often seen (and ignored) on my systems, so I’d at least call it “commonplace”. Normal? Yeah, it probably happens at every shutdown but escapes my attention.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.