AntiX logo

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics AntiX logo

This topic contains 83 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous Jun 17-1:56 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Koo
    Koo

Nice work noClue

I have been wondering about the font myself. Really like the top left of this Screenshot_20190602_164137.png.
    Did you buy the font of maybe have a copy of it..?? << Dream on KoO your not using windows anymore..

Free Their is a free version but not quit the same.. Free as in caps font only

(Wish I could turn off Keep a log of this edit)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Koo.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Koo.
    skidoo

Anonymous

@Koo

Really like the top left of this Screenshot_20190602_164137.png.

You mean this one?

https://www.antixforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/dark_city_antique_moon_flat.jpg

It sometimes helps, if one CAN THINK. 😉
    (See screenshot.)

Koo
    Koo

It sometimes helps, if one CAN THINK. 😉 Thanks noClue screen captures. I just stole yours you have already done the job..

Yes this one like the flat paper type effect

You mean this one?

It sometimes helps, if one CAN THINK.

Did you buy the font of maybe have a copy of it..?? <<<Dream on KoO this is not windows..

@Skidoo

I know about the tick box just wish it was off by default. I keep forgetting to untick da box..

Forum Admin
    BitJam
    BitJam

I know about the tick box just wish it was off by default. I keep forgetting to untick da box..

+1

Context is worth 80 IQ points -- Alan Kay

Anonymous

Yeah, it sometimes really helps, if one CAN THINK. 😉

For example:

Visit https://www.fonthaus.com/fonts/EF/Gandalf/EF16341

Click on ‘Playbox’ and enter a word or even only a SINGLE LETTER.

Make a screenshot and let autotracer do the job. A couple of letters make a word …

It should suffice for something simple. 😉

Xecure
    Xecure

People, thanks to noClue’s finding and a little bit of inkscape magic, I have finally “recreated” the antiX logo in svg format. I needed some good reference to build the vectors properly (and reduce the amount of nodes), and now I finally have an approximation of the antix logo in SVG for everyone to enjoy (and export to any size png). It does not contain any proprietary fonts, only nodes and vectors. The fonts linked by noClue were only used as reference for me to understand and simplify the vectors so that I could then outline the “a” and “t” letters properly before modifying the nodes to properly match the original antiX logo.
    I have never build icons for anything before, so I am hoping someone can point out all problems (maybe i shouldn’t use vector outlines and only use fill or something like that. I wasn’t able to find any proper guide on the internet), but I also hope people can use this if they want the antiX logo in higher resolution.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wZJKqQwt3jhKQOiA0y-bcp9MVlXyOZmJ

(An error doessn’t let me upbload it here, so I have added a link instead)
    Thank you for your time.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Xecure. Reason: Added link
    Attachments:
    Koo
    Koo

@ noClue & Xecure

Thanks both you very much. Great information.

masinick
    masinick

Nice work!

Whether the image is used for the distribution or not, this is a nice exercise and it’s a good way to learn.

Keep up the good work.

Brian Masinick

Anonymous

@Xsecure

Nice remake but, it wasn’t really worth it.

– – – – –

Because …

No matter what one does, it is and it’ll stay an ugly logo.

Bad because of low resolution original is known but, as we can see, solvable.

The actual problem of that old logo is — it looks ‘dusty’, it looks old and is bad executed.

Look at the sphere … where’s the light source? Seems like the main light would come from the bottom side.

That elliptical spot on the top of the globe is … a second light source? Why not but, it actually looks more like being ‘cut-off’ …

And what about font? Where the shadow falls? So, where’s here the main light source?

That pseudo ‘wrapping the globe’, old fashioned font belongs to 1997.

Making it flat, doesn’t make it more modern neither.

Giving it a better looking font and the proper light direction (top left) still keeps it firmly in the past; Windows Vista/7 2007-look …

Anonymous

That’s more or less “dusty and rusty” vs. “mean and lean”.
    (Just ‘Photoshoped’, so don’t look to much on the details.)

Xecure
    Xecure

Nice remake but, it wasn’t really worth it.

I understand it has a little age on it, but I am sure that the logo has some hidden meaning that came to be in its creation, and that makes it relevant. We can play around creating stuff, but maybe we should also think about what do we want our creations to convey that is in line with the development team’s beliefs. Maybe some of the antiX developers can share with us both the meaning of the logo and the importance of the train station background, so we can also try to contribute with something that conveys similar meaning.
    I really enjoy the exercises in design you are showing us, and learning a lot from them. I also appreciate all your creations. I currently use the dark-blue city-landscape wallpaper you created in another thread. It is perfect for the conky, for those that use it.

Anyway, there is nothing lost or wasted in creating stuff. Most of the time, we gain more in the process of creation than the achievement of creating something.

Koo
    Koo

Not sure if the owners approve but I like the newer logos..

dgh
    dgh

the importance of the train station background

The use of this image seems pretty self explanatory (on the surface anyway) antiX is fast & lean, like a light rail train.
    Of course I can’t speak for the devs. Maybe the location is of special significance. However, I doubt the logo has any hidden meaning.

For a logo with a non-hidden meaning, consider the Ant (insect) as a good mascot / motif for antiX.

They are known for being able to carry relatively large, heavy loads; they are small & strong.
    Fire ants are lean & very mean.

Anonymous

Imagine … 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.