AntiX logo

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics AntiX logo

• This topic has 83 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated Jun 17-1:56 am by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    masinickmasinick

Right on, skidoo!

Our antiX starts out lean and mean, but the fact is that you can use what is included or you can morph it into whatever you need.

One of the old antiX Core creations I came up with was extremely close to what we built as MX Linux to replace the old MEPIS. The only differences between MX and my homemade creations were the cosmetic stuff and that is true today too.

Sometimes even now I create a couple of antiX variations that are my own compositions that use background images and other minor variations, then I’ll build a light and a medium sized system that uses the components of the antiX and Debian-based distributions that contain the specific software that I personally use. I’ve been doing this for well over a decade.

This is precisely the kind of thing that makes sense to me and has made a solid foundation for the software on my systems.

Brian Masinick

manyroadsmanyroads

A small correction @masinick… antiX is “Mean” and “Lean” (so it says above in the tagline). I actually like the saying better in reverse it reminds me of something being “Good” to a “Free” home. 😉

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by manyroads.

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    MX-19 kernel: 5.2.21-antix.1-amd64-smp
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    MX- antiX- bspwm, hlwm, xfce4

antiX is NOT mean and lean, exactly as the MX is not.

‘Mean and lean’ is much more then the pure numbers.

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/to-modernize-antix-or/page/2/#post-23104

antiX and MX are bloated to jump, scream and run away.

Like the same team made them.

I agree that most people are unable to see it and I agree that it doesn’t make much sense discussing it in ‘fan forums’ but, some people can notice the difference (even if they sometimes get lost on the way because of too many different roads — well, less is sometimes more, I suppose ;)).

I could add a couple of hundreds of screenshots more but, we all know that it’s all to no avail.

Just as I can’t stop seeing it (and keeping reminding you), you simply can’t see it.

And no, none of those on Reddit was me. No Reddit account here.

What stays is, I still didn’t give up.

For the better antiX!

That logo has represented the antiX “brand” for a decade. It is what it is.

That logo is what it is — the ultimate fail and a sign of ‘behind the time’.

IT industry is not a local bakery or a wine shop.

Learn on some examples:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/developingfordynamicsgp/2012/09/16/windows-logos-through-the-years/

https://thinkmarketingmagazine.com/apple-logo-evolution-story/

Only two among many others.

Either you lead the way, or you are looking behind.

[redacted]

(spare the wordiness, I’ll just echo agreement with Seaken64’s succinct post, below)

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by skidoo.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by skidoo.

Is antiX interested in being the leader in the Linux world? Maybe they are, I don’t know. But it seems to me that antiX does not need to become MicroSoft or Apple to be appreciated. Has there been some revolt against what antiX is? I haven’t noticed that. I don’t mind the logo at all. And i don’t really care if it changes. I doubt if changing the logo and the overall look and feel will sway the masses over to antiX. And if it does, is that what antiX wants? Be careful what you wish for.

Seaken64

masinickmasinick

I have enjoyed the activity and the effort. Nevertheless I am, and have been, very pleased with the work in antiX, past and present.

Brian Masinick

KooKoo

lmao a per-configured conky wins every time. Please

anitX-19 (5.3.14-antix.1-amd64-smp) + (i3) & 2 Laps T430 17.2 X220 17.4
    Debian 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 + (i3)

@ seaken64

“Is antiX interested in being the leader in the Linux world?”

Irrelevant. Changes belong to life.

“But it seems to me that antiX does not need to become MicroSoft or Apple to be appreciated.”

‘Need to …” — Irrelevant. antiX (== Linux) CAN’T and WILL NOT become MS, not even Apple can do it.

“Has there been some revolt against what antiX is?”

Does this statement exclude the evolution and improvement?

“I don’t mind the logo at all. And I don’t really care if it changes.”

WHY you DISCUSS the things, you don’t care about?

“I doubt if changing the logo and the overall look and feel will sway the masses over to antiX.”

I doubt too, that changing the logo will sway the masses over to antiX but, it will surely not chase them away.
    I don’t doubt that more people will be much keen on keeping it by improving the overall look and feel.

“And if it does, is that what antiX wants?”

I don’t know what antiX wants but, I know what a majority of PC users want.

“Be careful what you wish for.”

Sanity by humanity?
    Will not happen.

Recently, I was noticing a few comments like this one here (#22784).

AntiX 19 – Fonts/Quality

What do you think who did it? Who’s the one responsible for that horrible change? 😉

You might also want to compare the icons in 17.2 and 17.4.1.

Maybe you don’t care but, does the change really hurts you? And … there might be someone who cares.

We invented a wheel, a couple of years ago, and then we invented some wagons to transport whatever.
    Why the hell we had to make all the other vehicles using the wheel over time, just to do the same?

I mentioned Galileo Galilei and ‘Eppur Si Muove’ already and not without a good reason.
    Imagine him here now, trying to explain how the world is a globe and not a flat surface to a bunch of hardcore ‘flat Earth’ believers …

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.