AntiX logo

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics AntiX logo

• This topic has 96 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated Dec 14-9:16 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Spartak77

Robin wrote:

For me it looks like a very, very, very old dodderer has tried to write down the word

Hi Robin, I find funny and nice the reinterpretation of the antiX logo by “Polygonal Goat”.
      It doesn’t make me imagine a dodderer writing insecurely, it makes me think of comics and something mutant. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the game “World of Padman”.
      http://i.imgur.com/wg9gGt8.jpg
      However I don’t feel the need for a change in the current logo, I’m indifferent whether it’s changed or stays as it is, but I do enjoy seeing the experiments that are proposed to update the Logo.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Spartak77.
      Attachments:
      clementishutin

Oh, that would make excellent backgrounds or login screens.

tizianomattei

Hi all, I’ve tried to revamp the current Antix logo by following the new design of MX logo (see here).
          I think this would refresh the look of the logo/icon without losing its ‘roots’, and furthermore it would underline the ‘sisterhood’ of the two distros better.
          Here are 3 versions I made starting from icons officially used and found in the distro (in the menu and in the search bar) and of course the one in the forums.
          They are all included in the svg file (which is a bit messy at the moment, as it includes all the original raster files I used as a reference — open in Inkscape to see it all).
          I hope you like it and please share your comments/thoughts/suggestions. Thank you!
          Tiziano

EDIT: sorry, it seems I can’t upload the svg here… so I’ve uploaded a png overview in small size instead

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by tizianomattei.
          christophe

I think those look very nice! I’m a fan of the original, and those look very sharp. If anticapitalist is ever looking for something new, this might be a good candidate.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

techore

Very nice. I admire your artistic skill. Are you using a specific font for the lettering?

The second one appeals to my need to minimize. The last one makes me think of the X-men comics of my childhood. I like it!

I considered something similiar for my antix-dusk spin using “aXd” as the logo.

tizianomattei

Hi and thank you both for your appreciation!
                techore: well I didn’t draw them from scratch, I simply recreated them in Inkscape starting from the official logo and some of its variations already found in the distro, as I wrote above… I followed the style of the new MX logo and adapted it to antiX.

Brian Masinick

Hi and thank you both for your appreciation!
                  techore: well I didn’t draw them from scratch, I simply recreated them in Inkscape starting from the official logo and some of its variations already found in the distro, as I wrote above… I followed the style of the new MX logo and adapted it to antiX.

Like your art work in the Screenshot area, this is very nice work; whether it’s included or not in any of our released work, as long as you don’t mind (and presumably you do not), individual users who like your work can grab a copy of it for their PERSONAL use ONLY. Thanks for sharing your graphic art work as well as your tasteful screenshots.

--
                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.