antiX package updates

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX package updates

• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Jun 6-5:47 pm by Robin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

I have been very busy with work so have no idea which antiX packages are in need of an upgrade/rebuild.

Let me know preferably with a link to a thread if the changes are not on gitlab.

Thanks

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

abc-nix

Thanks, anticapitalista.

I have prepared the source for elogind 255.4.1-3 based on devuan’s release. You may consider making some changes and building it for testing and sid and adding it to the repos. It builds properly on testing, but not sure if on sid. (EDIT: wrong .debian.tar.xz file. Uploaded the correct one now that includes the fixed runit service, as the elogind exec path has changed).

Also, on testing, rpcbind (1.2.6-8.0nosystemd1) has post-install and post-remove instructions related to a missing runit service folder which leads to errors when installing/upgrading. Either adding the service folder or removing those instructions could solve the issue.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by abc-nix.
        stevesr0

On Sid, ufw?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by stevesr0.
          PPC

Just to make sure you don’t forget about this one: I commited Conky manager to the git (that also dragged along an older finder version, sorry, about that, I’ll never get the handle of git). If you are going to implement Conky manager, it also should be put up for localization, on transifex…

I’m not on antiX 23 currently, but I think the latest IceWM CC version is not the repo (I’ll have to check that)

Would it also be out of line asking to import xfdashboard’s package from MX’s repo to antiX 23 (it think it was in antiX 21/22 repos)?

On Package Installer, Gimp has that problem that makes it’s installation fail because of plug-ins, I think- not exactly what you asked about, sorry.

P.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by PPC.
            • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by PPC.
            PPC

Hi, anticapitalista

I just checked- this commit is several weeks old: https://gitlab.com/antiX-Linux/icewm-goodies/-/merge_requests/23/diffs and is still waiting for approval (or dismissal)
              It adds the choice of displaying Application categories directly on the first layer of the antiX menu, under IceWM (I think some users with higher resolution screens like that kind of menu, since it’s the common one among modern distros that have a regular “start menu”)

Edit: I noticed you just accepted this commit. Many thanks… now all it’s missing is translating the new text strings 🙂
              (personal note: when not using FT10, I usually use the antiX menu configured this way: -show categories on the first layer of the menu – hide Personal sub-menu – show Personal apps on the first layer of the menu – hide the IceWM Settings entry – usually hide the Xkill entry -hide the Run entry and usually manually hide the “Desktop” sub-menu and fix the Recent Files sub-menu to display files on the second layer of the menu. All I think it is missing is a generic All Apps entry, that I wrote an ugly hack to get working on my computer).

P.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by PPC.
              abc-nix

Hi, anticapitalista.

Here is the source and package builds of elogind-255.5-2.0 that includes the fix for suspend. Included are packages built for bookworm, testing and sid.

In this thread, a user reported issues with suspend/sleep. They have yet to confirm this issue is related to elogind, but I did experience myself said bug in the previous version. This package should fix the issue.

Thanks for your time.

Forum Admin
                anticapitalista

Hi, anticapitalista.

Here is the source and package builds of elogind-255.5-2.0 that includes the fix for suspend. Included are packages built for bookworm, testing and sid.

In this thread, a user reported issues with suspend/sleep. They have yet to confirm this issue is related to elogind, but I did experience myself said bug in the previous version. This package should fix the issue.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks.
                  I’m uploading them to the antiX repos. though I don’t think we really need dummy-logind

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

stevesr0

Hi anticapitalista,

My latest Sid upgrade a few minutes ago left only ufw as a package that upgraded from a nosystemd version to a Debian one on my Sid install. It seems like an awe-ful amount of labor on your part.

Thanks.

Robin

Was hit by some quirks while installing the 5.10.216-antix.1-amd64-smp-1_amd64 kernel for testing on an antiX 21/22 full sysvinit 64 bit Live USB stick I had in the drawer, unused for maybe a year or more.

(First renewed the repo-key and apt-updated without errors)

Something went wrong while apt-upgrading:

$ sudo apt-get upgrade
                      Paketlisten werden gelesen… Fertig
                      Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut… Fertig
                      Statusinformationen werden eingelesen… Fertig
                      Paketaktualisierung (Upgrade) wird berechnet… Fertig
                      Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt:
                        connman-iptables libwpe-1.0-1 libwpebackend-fdo-1.0-1
                      Verwenden Sie »sudo apt autoremove«, um sie zu entfernen.
                      Die folgenden Pakete sind zurĂĽckgehalten worden:
                        iso-template-antix yt-dlp
                      Die folgenden Pakete werden aktualisiert (Upgrade):
                      Paketliste ...
                      316 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 2 nicht aktualisiert.
                      Es mĂĽssen 506 MB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
                      Nach dieser Operation werden 68,8 MB Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
                      Möchten Sie fortfahren? [J/n] j
                      Holen ...
                      Es wurden 506 MB in 4 min 2 s geholt (2.093 kB/s).                                                                                                     
                      Extrahiere Vorlagen aus Paketen: 100%
                      Vorkonfiguration der Pakete ...
                      (Lese Datenbank ... 295639 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
                      Entpacken ...
                      Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
                       /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-DVwgVh/09-connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb
                      E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

OK, let’s try to install connman manually and see what’s wrong with it.

$ sudo apt-get install connman
                      Probieren Sie »apt --fix-broken install«, um dies zu korrigieren.
                      Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
                       samba : Hängt ab von: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                               Hängt ab von: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                       samba-common-bin : Hängt ab von: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                                          Hängt ab von: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                      E: Unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten. Versuchen Sie »apt --fix-broken install« ohne Angabe eines Pakets (oder geben Sie eine Lösung an).

Well then, let’s try to install samba-libs and libwbclient0 manually to learn what keeps them from updating.

$ apt-cache policy samba-libs
                      samba-libs:
                        Installiert:           2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1
                        Installationskandidat: 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1
                        Versionstabelle:
                           2:4.17.12+dfsg-0+deb12u1~bpo11+1 100
                              100 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main amd64 Packages
                           2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1 500
                              500 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/nosystemd amd64 Packages
                           2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6 500
                              500 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages
                       *** 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 100
                              100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
                           2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5 500
                              500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
                           2:4.6.5+dfsg-2.0nosystemd1 500
                              500 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/main amd64 Packages
                      $ apt-cache policy libwbclient0
                      libwbclient0:
                        Versionstabelle:
                              500 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/nosystemd amd64 Packages
                              100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
                           2:4.6.5+dfsg-2.0nosystemd1 500
                              500 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/main amd64 Packages
                      $ sudo apt-get install libwbclient0=2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1 samba-libs=2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1
                       python3-samba : Hängt ab von: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                                       Hängt ab von: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                      E: Unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten. Versuchen Sie »apt --fix-broken install« ohne Angabe eines Pakets (oder geben Sie eine Lösung an).

So python3-samba is the culprit?

$ apt-cache policy python3-samba
                      python3-samba:
                        Versionstabelle:
                              100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
                      $ sudo apt-get install python3-samba
                       python3-samba : Hängt ab von: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                                       Hängt ab von: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                       samba : Hängt ab von: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                               Hängt ab von: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden
                       samba-common-bin : Hängt ab von: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) aber 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5.0nosystemd1 soll installiert werden

Nope. All three packages must be installed in one go.

$ sudo apt-get install libwbclient0=2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1 samba-libs=2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1 python3-samba
                      Empfohlene Pakete:
                        python3-gpg
                        libwbclient0 python3-samba samba-libs
                      3 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 233 nicht aktualisiert.
                      69 nicht vollständig installiert oder entfernt.
                      Es mĂĽssen noch 0 B von 8.779 kB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
                      Nach dieser Operation werden 4.096 B Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
                      samba-common-bin (2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) wird eingerichtet ...
                      Checking smb.conf with testparm
                      Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
                      Loaded services file OK.
                      Weak crypto is allowed
                      Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
                      Done
                      samba (2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u6.0nosystemd1) wird eingerichtet ...
                      Samba is not being run as an AD Domain Controller: Masking samba-ad-dc.service
                      Please ignore the following error about deb-systemd-helper not finding those services.
                      (samba-ad-dc.service already masked)
                      Stopping SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd.
                      Starting SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd.
                      Stopping NetBIOS name server: nmbd.
                      Starting NetBIOS name server: nmbd.
                      Stopping Samba AD DC daemon: samba.
                      Trigger fĂĽr ufw (0.36.1-3.0antix1) werden verarbeitet ...
                      Trigger fĂĽr man-db (2.9.4-2) werden verarbeitet ...
                      Trigger fĂĽr install-info (6.7.0.dfsg.2-6) werden verarbeitet ...
                      install-info: warning: no info dir entry in '/usr/share/info/gtkdialog.info.gz'
                      Trigger fĂĽr mailcap (3.69) werden verarbeitet ...
                      Trigger fĂĽr libc-bin (2.31-13+deb11u10) werden verarbeitet ...

Now connman should upgrade.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Robin

Now connman should upgrade.

Reading package lists... Done
                        Building dependency tree... Done
                        Reading state information... Done
                        The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
                          connman-iptables
                        Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
                        Suggested packages:
                          connman-vpn
                        Recommended packages:
                          ofono
                        The following packages will be upgraded:
                          connman
                        1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 222 not upgraded.
                        Need to get 0 B/438 kB of archives.
                        After this operation, 1,277 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                        (Reading database ... 295636 files and directories currently installed.)
                        Preparing to unpack .../connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb ...
                        Unpacking connman (1.41-3.0antix1) over (1.40-1.0antix1) ...
                        dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
                         trying to overwrite '/etc/apport/crashdb.conf.d/connman-crashdb.conf', which is also in package connman-iptables 1.40-1.0antix1
                        dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
                        Errors were encountered while processing:
                         /var/cache/apt/archives/connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb

Again stuck with connman, this time two antiX packages try to overwrite the same file.
                        Ok, apt says I should autoremove the incriminated package:

$ sudo apt autoremove
                        0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 223 not upgraded.

Then now it should work.

The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
                          connman-iptables
                        Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
                        Suggested packages:
                          connman-vpn
                        Recommended packages:
                          ofono
                        The following packages will be upgraded:
                          connman
                        1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 222 not upgraded.
                        Need to get 0 B/438 kB of archives.
                        After this operation, 1,277 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                        (Reading database ... 295636 files and directories currently installed.)
                        Preparing to unpack .../connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb ...
                        Unpacking connman (1.41-3.0antix1) over (1.40-1.0antix1) ...
                        dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
                         trying to overwrite '/etc/apport/crashdb.conf.d/connman-crashdb.conf', which is also in package connman-iptables 1.40-1.0antix1
                         /var/cache/apt/archives/connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb

And now?
                        Solution: Purge connman-iptables, this will update connman the same time.

$ sudo apt-get purge connman-iptables
                        Die folgenden zusätzlichen Pakete werden installiert:
                          connman
                        Vorgeschlagene Pakete:
                          connman-vpn
                        Empfohlene Pakete:
                          ofono
                        Die folgenden Pakete werden ENTFERNT:
                          connman-iptables*
                          connman
                        1 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 1 zu entfernen und 222 nicht aktualisiert.
                        Es mĂĽssen noch 0 B von 438 kB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
                        Nach dieser Operation werden 28,7 kB Plattenplatz freigegeben.
                        Möchten Sie fortfahren? [J/n] j
                        dpkg: connman-iptables: Abhängigkeitsprobleme, wird aber wie gefordert dennoch entfernt:
                         connman hängt ab von connman-iptables | connman-nftables; aber:
                          Paket connman-iptables soll entfernt werden.
                          Paket connman-nftables ist nicht installiert.
                        (Lese Datenbank ... 295636 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
                        Entfernen von connman-iptables (1.40-1.0antix1) ...
                        Stopping Connection Manager:.
                        (Lese Datenbank ... 295612 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
                        Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../connman_1.41-3.0antix1_amd64.deb ...
                        Entpacken von connman (1.41-3.0antix1) ĂĽber (1.40-1.0antix1) ...
                        connman (1.41-3.0antix1) wird eingerichtet ...
                        Neue Version der Konfigurationsdatei /etc/init.d/connman wird installiert ...
                        Restarting Connection Manager:.
                        Trigger fĂĽr dbus (1.12.28-0+deb11u1.0nosystemd1) werden verarbeitet ...
                        Trigger fĂĽr man-db (2.9.4-2) werden verarbeitet ...
                        (Lese Datenbank ... 295632 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
                        Löschen der Konfigurationsdateien von connman-iptables (1.40-1.0antix1) ...

Now, connman complains neither connman-iptables nor connman-nftables are installed. Let’s give them a try:

$ sudo apt-get install connman-iptables
                        Suggested packages:
                          connman-vpn
                        Recommended packages:
                          ofono
                        The following NEW packages will be installed:
                          connman-iptables
                        0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 222 not upgraded.
                        Need to get 436 kB of archives.
                        After this operation, 1,306 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                        Ign:1 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/main amd64 connman-iptables amd64 1.40-1.0antix1
                        Err:1 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/main amd64 connman-iptables amd64 1.40-1.0antix1
                          Could not resolve 'ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de'
                        E: Failed to fetch http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye/pool/nosystemd/c/connman/connman-iptables_1.40-1.0antix1_amd64.deb  Could not resolve 'ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de'
                        E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

What the heck? This has broken my network connection…
                        Trying to restart in Connman-Tray GUI failed, connection shows up as fine, but actually it isn’t connected.
                        Solution: antiX control centre, Section Network. Entry Select Service Program for Wireless Connections (Ceni/Connman), even when this is about a wired connection. Re-select Connman. This brings back the full network connection (wired) immediately.

Now, once more:

$ sudo apt-get install connman-iptables
                        Suggested packages:
                          connman-vpn
                        Recommended packages:
                          ofono
                          connman-iptables
                        Need to get 436 kB of archives.
                        After this operation, 1,306 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                        Get:1 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/main amd64 connman-iptables amd64 1.40-1.0antix1 [436 kB]
                        Fetched 436 kB in 0s (1,386 kB/s)        
                        Selecting previously unselected package connman-iptables.
                        (Reading database ... 295632 files and directories currently installed.)
                        Preparing to unpack .../connman-iptables_1.40-1.0antix1_amd64.deb ...
                        Unpacking connman-iptables (1.40-1.0antix1) ...
                        dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/connman-iptables_1.40-1.0antix1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
                         trying to overwrite '/etc/apport/crashdb.conf.d/connman-crashdb.conf', which is also in package connman 1.41-3.0antix1
                         /var/cache/apt/archives/connman-iptables_1.40-1.0antix1_amd64.deb
                        $ sudo apt-get install connman-nftables
                        Suggested packages:
                          connman-vpn
                        Recommended packages:
                          ofono
                          connman-nftables
                        Need to get 426 kB of archives.
                        After this operation, 1,279 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                        Get:1 http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/mxlinux/packages/antix/bullseye bullseye/main amd64 connman-nftables amd64 1.40-1.0antix1 [426 kB]
                        Fetched 426 kB in 0s (1,616 kB/s)        
                        Selecting previously unselected package connman-nftables.
                        (Reading database ... 295632 files and directories currently installed.)
                        Preparing to unpack .../connman-nftables_1.40-1.0antix1_amd64.deb ...
                        Unpacking connman-nftables (1.40-1.0antix1) ...
                        dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/connman-nftables_1.40-1.0antix1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
                         trying to overwrite '/etc/apport/crashdb.conf.d/connman-crashdb.conf', which is also in package connman 1.41-3.0antix1
                         /var/cache/apt/archives/connman-nftables_1.40-1.0antix1_amd64.deb

So how to deal with that, since apt has stated above that one of these packages is required to be installed for connman:

dpkg: connman-iptables: Abhängigkeitsprobleme, wird aber wie gefordert dennoch entfernt:
                         connman hängt ab von connman-iptables | connman-nftables; aber:
                          Paket connman-iptables soll entfernt werden.
                          Paket connman-nftables ist nicht installiert.

Possibly something seems to be in need of fixing, while I’m not convinced, since apt doesn’t list these packages as dependencies:

$ apt depends connman
                        connman
                          Hängt ab von (vorher): init-system-helpers (>= 1.54~)
                          Hängt ab von: libc6 (>= 2.17)
                          Hängt ab von: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.9.14)
                          Hängt ab von: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.39.4)
                          Hängt ab von: libgnutls30 (>= 3.7.0)
                          Hängt ab von: libreadline8 (>= 6.0)
                          Hängt ab von: libxtables12 (>= 1.6.0+snapshot20161117)
                          Hängt ab von: dbus
                            dbus:i386
                          Hängt ab von: lsb-base
                          Hängt ab von: iptables
                            iptables:i386
                          Empfiehlt: bluez
                            bluez:i386
                         |Empfiehlt: wpasupplicant
                            wpasupplicant:i386
                          Empfiehlt: iwd
                          Empfiehlt: ofono
                          Schlägt vor: connman-vpn

Neither connman-iptables nor connman-nftables are listed. So I’m not sure what all that above was about…

After this the apt-get upgrade could be restarted and ran trough flawlessly. Wanted to let you know anyway, just in case there might be something in need to be fixed in the two connman related packages.

I guess this update is going to be pretty difficult for new users…

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Robin. Reason: attached inxi output per request by abc-nix
                        Attachments:

stevesr0

ufw and feh upgraded to antix1 versions today, thanks.

wildstar84

I’m running testing/rolling release and my system has been “orphaned” (unupgradable) since shortly after all the *t64 stuff started coming out (and was advised then to wait until it had all come out). With all the updates necessary to accomodate this conversion, it appears that apt-get dist-upgrade would be the best way to handle this, correct? Anyway, when running a simulated dist-upgrade, everything appears ready to work properly, EXCEPT for 2 must-have applications: Cups and Evince, which dist-upgrade says that it will remove (and not replace/upgrade)! Here’s the pertinent part of the simulated output (I can provide the full output on request – tl;dr):

The following packages will be REMOVED:
                            coinor-libcbc3 cups cups-core-drivers cups-daemon cups-filters cups-filters-core-drivers cups-ipp-utils cups-tea4cups evince ghostscript-x

Here’s my $>inxi -r:

Repos:
                              No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list
                              Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list
                                1: deb http://la.mxrepo.com/antix/testing/ testing nosystemd main nonfree
                              No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bullseye-backports.list
                              No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/buster-backports.list
                              No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-stable-updates.list
                              Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list
                                1: deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing non-free-firmware contrib main
                                2: deb http://security.debian.org/ testing-security main contrib non-free
                              No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mx.list
                              No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/onion.list
                              Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/various.list
                                1: deb http://liquorix.net/debian/ testing main

Anyway, this is after doing apt-get update just before this post, The app. versions in question are currently:

Cups: 2.4.7-1.0nosystemd1 => 2.4.7-1.2.0nosystemd1
                            Evince: 45.0-1 => 46.1-1

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Jim

abc-nix

@Robin, open a new thread about this issue (or maybe a mod can move your posts to this new thread). You need to make it clear in the title that “Problems are encountered while upgrading packages in antiX 21/22”, where you list the inxi output (both for release info and repo list), and inform of this issue in the correct section.

@wildstar84, try upgrading cups manually first to see what happens
                              sudo apt install --upgrade cups
                              If it doesn’t work or wants to remove lots of packages, go back to your thread where I explained how I did it (you can create a local repo and use it to install cups from it). Evince can be installed manually later once it is removed. Worst case scenario is reinstalling cups (if the repo version doesn’t install, I can help anticapitalista repackage cups to be uploaded (the packages I uploaded in the shared folder linked in my reply to you thread installed for me).

wildstar84

Thanks, @abc-nix for the quick response. I already tried updating cups manually and yes, it wants to remove a huge chunk of my system, and install *:i386 (32 bit) vsns of cups, cups-daemon, and one other that I don’t recall. Since I have a replicated “test” version of my system all set up just for this purpose, I’m going to try the dist-upgrade route there and then attempt to install Evince and Cups manually there, and report back here. It’s midnite here now, so I’ll pbly try it tomorrow and will post back with the results.

Robin

@Robin, open a new thread about this issue (or maybe a mod can move your posts to this new thread). You need to make it clear in the title that “Problems are encountered while upgrading packages in antiX 21/22”, where you list the inxi output (both for release info and repo list), and inform of this issue in the correct section.

Many thanks, @abc-nix, from the headline of this thread “antiX package updates” and the words “so have no idea which antiX packages are in need of an upgrade/rebuild.” I was under the impression that this is the right place already. Sorry if I have misread it. The detailed description was just meant to provide sufficient details about the behaviour of two connman related packages connman-iptables and connman-nftables mentioned in the last sentence of all my verboseness. If everything is fine with these two packages, nothing more is to do with that, I have resolved it completely as you can read above, and the network on the updated system works also as before, so I guess meanwhile there is nothing wrong with the packages itself as I had presumed originally (but doubted also later on, as you can read). It’s probably just the way apt treats them while upgrading. So you are right, a mod could move that to a separate thread with another header, so other users can look it up and learn how to resolve issues like that. I’ve attached the full output of inxi above now (I wasn’t aware that these details were really needed here, while it was all about understanding whether a package is in need of a rebuild or not in the first place, since it conflicts while apt had reported it originally as a dependency.) Its all about whether the control file the in “DEBIAN” folder of these packages need a fix and a rebuild, maybe an additional entry like “Conflicts:” or “Breaks:“, or not, even when I had started the report with the misleading words „Was hit by some quirks while installing…”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.