antiX package updates

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX package updates

• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Jun 6-5:47 pm by Robin.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Robin

(post deleted, since this duplicate turned up unexpected some hours after original postings above)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by anticapitalista.
      • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Robin.
      • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Robin. Reason: duplicate posting removed

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

stevesr0

Sometime in the past month or two, the apt package was upgraded in Sid.

Since then,

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

has functioned better, I believe in selecting packages for upgrades that don’t break my nosystemd Sid install.

I am not sure if this is real, but it would be interesting to see if testing upgrades would benefit from this version of apt.

Robin

Does antiX 21/22 need an openssl package update to 3.x?

$ apt-cache policy openssl
          openssl:
            Installiert:           1.1.1w-0+deb11u1
            Installationskandidat: 1.1.1w-0+deb11u1
            Versionstabelle:
           *** 1.1.1w-0+deb11u1 500
                  500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
                  100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
               1.1.1n-0+deb11u5 500
                  500 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages

There is no 3.x available on bullseye, and debian won’t care much for “oldstable”.

From openssl site:

»All older versions (including 1.1.1, 1.1.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.0 and 0.9.8) are now out of support and should not be used. Users of these older versions are encouraged to upgrade to 3.2 or 3.0 as soon as possible. Extended support for 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 to gain access to security fixes for those versions is available [for contractors].«

Security fixes only available as payed service for 1.1.1 version. So I guess an update to 3.x is inevitable.

I have test built openssl 3.3.1 on antiX 21 full sysvinit 64 bit live, following this cooking recipe. Takes approx. half an hour including “make tests” ( “All tests successful”), on a Core i3 Westmere with 24619 bogomips @ 3067 MHz.

Maybe for antiX the 3.0 series which would be more suitable than 3.1, since the openssl site states that this is a LTS version “and is supported until 7th September 2026”.

Or can 1.1.1w from debian still considered as secure, even when openssl states it no longer gets security updates?

——————
          Update: Here what I have got as a result in the opt folder on antiX 21 : 274 MiB tar archive
          Now, I’m not sure what to select from that to put it into a .deb package. Any hints?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Robin. Reason: Compiled result upload added

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.