antiX s6-rc Service Manager – For Testers Only

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX s6-rc Service Manager – For Testers Only

• This topic has 45 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated Mar 12-11:05 pm by calciumsodium.
Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • Author
    calciumsodium

The s6-rc service manager got a minor but rather important update today.

* It will exit with a clear prompt if launched within s6-66 (as it does not manage 66 trees & services)
      * I have added clear prompts for reasons the script will exit (eg not running as root, or s6-svscan not running as PID 1).

I tried out your updated runit and s6-rc service managers. Thanks. I hope that others in the forum will also try out @ProwlerGR’s creation, or the script to create it. Or, in my case, I tried them both out. I have the x64 and x32 versions installed. After installing, I would run, for example, s6-66 for a while, without changing to any of the inits. Use it without thinking of the other inits. Then, after a while, switch to another init and then use that for a while without thinking of the other inits. I have been very impressed with how ProwlerGR has been able to navigate the different reboots and poweroff options of the various inits.

If there was a way to improve the live version, what can we testers do to help?

Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.