antiX screenshots – General

Forum Forums General Screenshots antiX screenshots – General

This topic contains 203 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by g3lux Oct 22-9:47 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    linuxdaddy
    linuxdaddy

This is a shot of my little compaq laptop has antiX-base since
    17.1 and has been kept up with updates frequently no problems.
    It uses very little ram as shown. Even in QupZilla posting this
    conky shows only ~240 mb ram usage. Pretty good for stretch I think.

Attachments:

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Anonymous

It’s some kind of ‘Fluxbox suitable look’, some kind of ‘classic-more-modern-but-not-too-modern-and-still-archaic’, with a mix between ‘arty’ but, still usable. (Unfinished)

oops
    oops

… A shot of my little eepc:

Attachments:
    ile
    ile

Hello rokytnji and hello everyone
    Really like the folder colors of alpha1 and alpha2 numix-bevel-antiX and no objection here to the look of the fluxbox menu.
    Including herein screencaptures of alpha2 switched to obsidian icons with folders obsidian amber, obsidian comes in thirty-five colors, and the fluxbox menu “obsidiantiXflux” leaving the Preferences in numix-bevel-antiX as a semi-segue into system icons.

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Just my KISS Chromebook again. Keeping it light on a 16 gig ssd with a 1 TB external backup drive. Since dirty is being shown.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

oops
    oops

hello everyone,
    @ile:
    … Yes I especially like the amber color too, and I would like to have the almost same theme as my above screenshot, but in an amber theme in antiX19.
    @rokytnji: Cli Companion is a good idea, I will try it.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by oops.
    Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

hello everyone,
    @ile:
    … Yes I especially like the amber color too, and I would like to have the almost same theme as my above screenshot, but in an amber theme in antiX19.
    @rokytnji: Cli Companion is a good idea, I will try it.

In case it helps

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cli+companion+site%3Aantixlinux.com%2Fforum-archive%2F&ia=web

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

oops
    oops

@rokytnji: … Thank you.

Done:
    download
    ttps://launchpad.net/clicompanion

apt-get install python-vte

dpkg -i clicompanion_1.3-1_all.deb 

clicompanion
    ile
    ile

hello rokytnji
    hello oops
    all the discussion about icons did cause me to take a refreshed look into icons.
    For years I have been wanting to trial xfce Black icons on MX, so I finally have done that on 18.2.
    Found the obsidian to trial on the fluxbox. Because of the .png issue with fluxbox, I have discovered some way to convert .svg to .png. My notes about how i did it get lost faster than i can make them. While it is a large task for an icon pack. For usual I stuck with Tango. It is the Tango course my visual recognition helps to navigate. otherwise I go with text only.
    I like faba and elementary and vibrancyColors too. but mostly i choose Tango. The obsidian is a bit in that vein. The fluxbox setups from anticapitalista I never change from default. (until this alpha experiment. alpha is time to experiment, but final will never be altered from default.)
    Here tend to choose buff, beige, sand for folder color. The tango are varied and change on hover. I like that (for the non-fluxbox machines.)
    All this prattle so that I can say to you, oops, thanks for liking amber; I think you might like for your icewm the icon set “New Icon Set Bright Cream Folder” by OlliFri.

Anonymous

The most important part is to concentrate on the mime-icons part first, application-icons part second and at the very end to folder colors.
    Exception is here only if you choose your icon set for Fluxbox which needs square icons.

The reason for the above statement is simple — most of the time user is dealing with different sorts of files (mime-type icons).
    Applications are ‘hidden’ inside Start Menu and get rarely seen more then once per session.

Folders are pretty easy to adapt to the personal needs, if they are not available OOTB.
    Some basic technical knowledge, good image manipulation program
    and a lot of time are needed though.

Here the example:

1. All available Folder types of 1 size x 6 ~ 10 different sizes = Total number of folders to recolor
    (some are duplicates and recoloring could be avoided with adding some –> sym-links)

2. ‘Play’ around and try to get one color you like / need
    (when you found the color, make recoloring profile)

3. Change the colors by applying the profile
    (works with non-plain folder icons too)

oops
    oops

@ile: “It is the Tango course my visual recognition helps to navigate. otherwise I go with text only.”
    … Right I agree, for some people it is a key way to keep this possibility by the ability to switch via an easy alternative.
    “I think you might like for your icewm the icon set “New Icon Set Bright Cream Folder” by OlliFri.”
    … I will try.

@no clue: “The most important part is to concentrate on the mime-icons part first, application-icons part second and at the very end to folder colors.”
    … Right too, and first to a color chart.

christophe
    christophe

One of the new ones.

christophe
    christophe

Another new one:

christophe
    christophe

Thanks, guys (gals?) for posting these!

linuxdaddy
    linuxdaddy

glad you like them…
    I think art like software should be shared and enjoyed.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.