antiX screenshots – General

Forum Forums General Screenshots antiX screenshots – General

Tagged: 

• This topic has 247 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated Aug 8-8:04 pm by Koo.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    fungalnetfungalnet

I wonder if you have a CanAm as well, for the road less traveled 😛

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

I wonder if you have a CanAm as well, for the road less traveled 😛

http://xlforum.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=18

Close enough?

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

fungalnetfungalnet

🙂 Ι think I’d gotten a glimpse of this and recognized the shot barrel origin from a visit to your brother’s??

I had a last year Swede 2stroke 86-87? Big bore auto (420/430? WR), and had a new cylinder/piston 500. The thing would wheelie shutting the throttle off as it would throw a higher gear on and the crank inertia would send the wheel up. Weirdest thing I’ve ever ridden, and there were many better ways to kill myself than learning that crap.

CanAm, rotary valved Rotax Orange monster. Ugliest thing making noise in the woods.
    I only ride road bicycles now, with whatever is left of me.

GirafenaineGirafenaine

Hello,

Here is my “work desktop” on dual screen, featuring Antix 19 + fluxbox + pcmanfm. Fluxbox theme is my own melting of “mediterranean Dark” (window decorations) with “Adapta Eta” (fonts) and some adjustements (colors, thinner window title bar). Fluxbox menu shrinked to be more practical (and work oriented).

Modified conky. Palemoon as my main browser. Workplace adapted proxy auto config file, Microsoft Teams working on chromium browser.

https://pixhost.to/show/276/148891689_screenshot8.jpg

Let me know if some config could be of interest for you.

Girafenaine
    ----
    Antix 19, Live USB stick / Manjaro XFCE (Dell XPS 7590) / MX Linux 19 (various PC)

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

Nice work setup. I have not made it outside to my shop computer yet. I keep Bugs Bunny on a motorcycle in Icewm on it.
    Run teams outside of browser session with the repo Microsoft provided.

My themes and skins come from canned sources . I used to tweak the index file but time constraints from other projects shut that down.
    I just live with defaults anymore. Again. Nice setup.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

ToriusTorius

Here my firsst AntiX Desktop.

De: ICEWM
    Icons AzenisEX
    Theme: Fauxglass Medium

Here is my “work desktop” on dual screen, featuring Antix 19 + fluxbox + pcmanfm. Fluxbox theme is my own melting of “mediterranean Dark” (window decorations) with “Adapta Eta” (fonts) and some adjustements (colors, thinner window title bar). Fluxbox menu shrinked to be more practical (and work oriented).

Beautiful… Also looks to me you were able to implement high quality fonts (look crisp in the pictures) and optimal background of menus. Any chance you might be able to share this desktop with antiX team?
    Thanks and Regards.

hello

masinickmasinick

It’s always encouraging to see people creating their own system appearance and collection of software.

I hope that everyone is enjoying it!

I enjoy looking at images of your personal creativity. Have fun! 😎😃👍🎷📯🎵🎶

Brian Masinick

clemencyclemency

Nice setup you’ve got there. Which terminal app do you use and did you get it to be transparent?

enlightenment window manager/shell with the terminology terminal emulator (tranparency is native settings of the software itself). enlightenment is a wm that can replace a desktop environment. it is nice looking but best of all, it is light weight like all the defaults wm of antix, but provide much better ease of use for someone like me – isnt smart enough to use the ten layer deep icewm menu or config overload in the catchall preferences.

masinickmasinick

enlightenment window manager/shell with the terminology terminal emulator (tranparency is native settings of the software itself). enlightenment is a wm that can replace a desktop environment. it is nice looking but best of all, it is light weight like all the defaults wm of antix, but provide much better ease of use for someone like me – isnt smart enough to use the ten layer deep icewm menu or config overload in the catchall preferences.

This is the kind of feedback that is helpful. I have not personally used Enlightenment more than a few times, but since you have found it to be an easy to use, efficient desktop environment, if we see a solid backing and enthusiasm similar to what you are expressing, perhaps this world be another potential remastered version that would be worth offering.

Is there anyone who agrees, and is there anyone who is able to create a prototype of an antiX Enlightenment desktop from which a potential future effort could be built on?

Brian Masinick

clemencyclemency

Yes, I quite agree, enlightenment is an easy to use window manager although I only used it as part of a DE. It’s similar to xfwm as both are compositing window manager. However, there’s something about sawfish window manager that I can’t let go of it.

Is there anyone who agrees, and is there anyone who is able to create a prototype of an antiX Enlightenment desktop from which a potential future effort could be built on?

My only non essential system is my old MX 18,3 – I installed Enlightenment on it and wow… I had some experience with the Moksha Enlightenment derived desktop but most users, used to antiX’s desktops, will not believe their eyes when they see how much functionality Enlightenment packs into a desktop. Let’s just say this: all the good stuff most computer users see in a Windows 10 desktop is available, out of the box in Enlightenment- desktop icons, a bar with a menu, that allow to easily dock quick-launcher, mini previews of running apps, composition (with terminal transparency out of the box, etc), all running in almost the same RAM (some 260 Mb of idle RAM in MX 18.3 case)… If I have the time, over the week end, I can try to do the same in a live antiX and remaster that, if successful. Folks, it’s a bit different from our ordinary desktops, but at the same time to familiar and feature rich. Right clicking an empty space on the desktop calls up the menu, right click calls any application marked as favorite (I added the terminal only)- that does make some sense…
    The only con is that the default theme is too dark, even for me that like dark themes and, mainly: the edge of the screen automatically moves the user to the next/previous virtual desktop, which can be quite annoying…

Edit: I had not time, over the week-end to create an iso, but I did manage to install Enlightenment in antiX 19.X. 64 bits… and it’s quite impressive. Iddle RAM, with activated composition, desktop icons, conky and running “free -h” on roxterm was 248Mb (but without a desktop background image)! Quite impressive, but way less difference to what I expected, considering the idle RAM was almost the same on MX…)

Edit2: Hum, after reboot, Ram usage was 206Mb. After setting desktop background and Everything to show on the (i)bar, 216 Mb (with the nvidea proprietary running- so a bit, less than 200Mb without that, I guess).

Comparison: Without desktop icons, my antiX IcewM desktop idles at 176Mb of RAM, so all the bells and whistles cost some 40Mb of RAM. I did not deactivate the composition or desktop icons- hum… I don’t quite have a grip on the desktop.

Pros: The desktop looks very impressive. The best praise I can give it is that it has all the capabilities that IceWM has, plus some that windows 10 desktop has (like showing previews of running apps, and allowing an easy way to dock running icons to the bar). The “everything” launch looks like a cross of our app launcher and drill search app, with plug-ins that make it also work like a calculator, etc. Very nice app! ( I use drill in IceWM to get most of those functions, and skippy-xd to get previews of running apps- so I have about the same functionality in both desktops).
    the virtual desktop previewer really shows tiny versions of each desktop! Almost cute…

Cons: not very intuitive at all to configure!
    The bar may seem a bit confusing because when you launch apps, you get both an icon (that shows the preview of the app, allows to launch another instance of the same app, and to “dock” the icon to the bar- very nice) but also a taskbar entry with the name of the app – that allows to maximize,minimize and close the application… I don’t understand why not also have those window actions easily available from the ibar (the part that shows only the icons).
    The edge of the screen is automatically configured to jump to the next virtual desktop (I don’t use virtual desktops myself, so this is very annoying)

Bug(?): at first run, the log off, restart, etc buttons did not work

Suggestion: once again, I find that using this as the antiX desktop version anti is considering would be very nice- not that mainstream, but very low specs. The system can be configured to have a normal looking bar that looks almost like the default IceWM one, with loads more features, desktop icons and our default desktop background, all that making it much more appealing to the “normal” non geeky user (except for the menu, that is almost like our normal menus) the look and feel of this desktop is almost “Windows 10” like… I’m not sure if that’s good or bad- I’m used to the more spartan IcewM myself- but I can spare 40 Mb more of RAM on my 3 Gig of RAM computer, if I feel like it…

P.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by PPC.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by PPC.
    macondomacondo

b

Brave browser – Ratpoison

antiX Core 64 Bit Runit XFS JWM

"Sometimes a man finds his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 247 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.