antiX screenshots – General

Forum Forums General Screenshots antiX screenshots – General

• This topic has 341 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated Sep 16-1:46 pm by caprea.
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 342 total)
  • Author
    christophe
    Helpful
    Up

old 32-bit laptop, entering semi-retirement…

Attachments:

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2018

ext4
    Helpful
    Up

old 32-bit laptop, entering semi-retirement…

Beautiful wallpaper. Self designed?

Es kann nur e1nen geben!

LikkMii
    Helpful
    Up

Attachments:
    christophe
    Helpful
    Up

@ext4 – skidoo made it & posted it to the forum’s wallpaper thread: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/wallpaper-with-xaos-xpf-to-enjoy/page/23/#post-58963

@LikkMii – Where you get 19.4? nevermind. (testing version.) I was all excited to get the 19.4 final release…

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by christophe.

banned
    Helpful
    Up

Icewm for minimalists, respectively little Ram πŸ™‚

Attachments:
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Hmmm, not minimalist πŸ™‚

19 with a new wallpaper, demo of new version antixscreenshot utility

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I see you have a very full taskbar to go with your pleasant wallpaper.

This clearly demonstrates that while antiX begins as a lean, efficient distribution it is also full of excellent tools that allows each system to be modified as desired.

Nice!

Brian Masinick

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Its my dev/testing machine. I have made it a “thing” to have almost EVERYTHING I use already on the toolbar, accessible in one click. Its not bad looking, very efficient, operationally, and still provides standard menu access when needed, without taking any additional memory over and above the IceWM itself.

I’ve been testing my improved antixscreenshot utility. Testers needed if anyone is willing…

Thread and code at: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/light-weight-screenshot-and-annotate-combo/page/11/#post-59535

PPC
    Helpful
    Up

Hi, Bob, I tested your script (I unziped the file, renamed the main script “antixscreenshot2.sh” and copied both scripts over to /usr/bin/, using the file manager in root mode)
    It’s fast and efficient- I tested saving the file, opening it in the web browser and sending it imgur. It all worked like a charm. https://i.imgur.com/CENeFpE.jpg (here’s part of my zzfm file manager)
    Great stuff!

P.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks for giving it a try, PPC. Glad to hear it all worked ok.

If you want to try annotating with it, use the ruler for straight line draw, start your line with a click, move to end of line, click again, then press the A key to add the arrowhead, and press Esc to end line draw. Adding text is also easy, just click the T icon and follow the prompts. You can move it wherever you want after you paste it.

mikey777
    Helpful
    Up

The two screenshots below show the antix19.4-core (64-bit) + LXDE setup, on my 17″ Asus X71Q, run on a 4.4.0-264-antix kernel.
    This laptop was made in 2007, but flies like the wind on this setup. I haven’t found any other distro that beats antixcore, and as long as I can continue using this setup, want to hang onto this laptop for as long as possible.

Asus X71Q – main specs:
    – Intel Pentium dual-core T3200 CPU (2GHz)
    – 4GB RAM [the max permitted]
    – Intel Mobile 4 Series Integrated Graphics)

Remember to click on the two screenshots to get the full view.
    Note the ridiculously low RAM consumption on conky (this was 20MB less, before adding the wallpaper)!
    The Adwaita-dark theme was used (taken directly from Debian 10)
    The wallpaper was taken from LXLE 18.04.3.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by mikey777.

antix19.4-core+LXDE installed on the following:
    (2011) Samsung NP-N145 Plus – single-core CPU Intel Atom N455@1.66GHz, 2GB RAM, integrated graphics.
    (2008) Asus X71Q – dual CPU Intel T3200@2.0GHz, 4GB RAM. Graphics: Intel Mobile 4 Series (Integrated)
    (2007) Packard Bell Easynote MX37 (ALP-Ajax C3) – dual CPU Intel T2310@1.46GHz, 2GB RAM. Graphics: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

Looks great, mikey777!
    I see you got your icons sans text.
    Memory does look great. Especially on 64-bit.
    Very nice! πŸ˜‰

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I agree with christophe; great looking wallpaper and efficient system!
    What highway and bridge is that?

I once lived in New Hampshire; this looks somewhat similar to I-93 in Boston.

Brian Masinick

mikey777
    Helpful
    Up

Looks great, mikey777!
    I see you got your icons sans text.

Thanks Christophe.
    Yes, it was Dave (forum admin) who provided the solutions for icons without labels πŸ™‚

(2011) Samsung NP-N145 Plus – single-core CPU Intel Atom N455@1.66GHz, 2GB RAM, integrated graphics.
    (2008) Asus X71Q – dual CPU Intel T3200@2.0GHz, 4GB RAM. Graphics: Intel Mobile 4 Series (Integrated)
    (2007) Packard Bell Easynote MX37 (ALP-Ajax C3) – dual CPU Intel T2310@1.46GHz, 2GB RAM. Graphics: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671

mikey777
    Helpful
    Up

I agree with christophe; great looking wallpaper and efficient system!
    What highway and bridge is that?
    I once lived in New Hampshire; this looks somewhat similar to I-93 in Boston.

Thanks Brian.
    I’ll see what I can do about the name/location of that bridge and let you know if I have any luck – that would be a coincidence if it was I-93 in Boston !

Found it: scroll to next message …

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 342 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.