antiX screenshots – General

Forum Forums General Screenshots antiX screenshots – General

• This topic has 338 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated Jul 24-11:58 pm by christophe.
Viewing 9 posts - 331 through 339 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    ile
    Helpful
    Up

hello rokytnji and everyone
    https://i_ri.vivaldi.net/2017/09/40308/
    .Thaddeus Kościuszko.
    .1746 – 1817

space – fluxbox moonstone – full antiX
    summit Australia mainland.

LikkMii
    Helpful
    Up

AHHHHHH ! Farcebook !!!

ile
    Helpful
    Up

hello rokytnji and everyone
    m’Desktop space-fluxbox full antiX

Eduardo Lucas
    Helpful
    Up

Rocking AntiX on a modern laptop with a purposedly HEAVILY POWER-RESTRICTED ryzen. 5 watts envelope, average 200-400mhz clock speed, Pentium D class performance, 400mhz ram speed, 400mhz vega 8 gpu, almost fanless, happy as i save costs from my power bill (power is quite expensive in Brazil) and AntiX provides me amazing performance under such restricted hardware.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 12 hours ago by Eduardo Lucas.
    • This reply was modified 1 day, 12 hours ago by Eduardo Lucas.
    • This reply was modified 1 day, 11 hours ago by Eduardo Lucas.
    Attachments:
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Rocking AntiX on a modern laptop with a purposedly HEAVILY POWER-RESTRICTED ryzen. 5 watts envelope, average 200-400mhz clock speed, Pentium D class performance, 400mhz ram speed, 400mhz vega 8 gpu, almost fanless

Quoting a movie

You’re a wizard, Harry Eduardo

What you are showing us is pure magic. Glad to know you can still get good use on that machine with such heavy restrictions.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 11 hours ago by Xecure.
    Eduardo Lucas
    Helpful
    Up

I mean like, thanks, i`m really impressed by what could be achieved in this machine. What makes me wonder is how exacly AntiX provides such low CPU/GPU performance tax. The difference to other distros is so big.

I also love the fact that i can satisfingly use it with only 5.6gb of free ram without swap (as Vega 8 looks to be BIOS-hardcoded to use 2gb, not mattering what you do with it). I was on windows because i felt everything worked out of the box, but AntiX ecosystem has matured so fast, especially because non-SystemD is not as rejected as before by proprietary software vendors. I remember steam failed to install back in time. WinNT was using so much SSD space for virtual memory and there is no data about the lifespan of this particular SSD, and it got me worried, so i decided coming back to AntiX, which i personally love in other aspects. IceWM is beautiful, its win9x-OS/2 Warp interface is hot. Its a free do what you want operating system, with no telemetry, with a start button, with no mac OS/Apple b****** like windows 11 will be, but also without the nonsense big desktop/oriented distros have. I absolutely LOVE its low resource usage and the overall design, i could get into so many things but i cant, maybe the philosophy, because i also despise how computers are now meant to be trashed and how microsoft and apple want to force people to upgrade stuff in a capitalistic craze, something that can prevent people from getting old computers and poor people like those from my country from going into computing. I myself started with a very old machine in windows xp back in 2004. This will be impossible today unless free software like linux and bsd exists.

I`ve tried to write a post into the welcome section of the forum, but it likely failed because of pale moon incompatibilities with wordpress and got into spam filters. So my greetings to you all and thank you for your hospitality. Hope to be learning and improving my setup, as well as contributing as i can, particularly to my fellow brazilians (i saw some of them here).

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Between the magic the antiX developer has done, and the desktop-session on a light window manager makes antiX one of the fastest and lightest Debian based systems.

After seeing the magic you have done on your computer, I think there is little I can teach and more that I can learn from your work.

The forum’s spam filter is a bit aggressive sometimes, and has also eaten some of my post or replies. Let a moderator know if they are able to recover any missing topic or reply.

Welcome to this small antiX community, Eduardo!

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Pic of my daily driver screen, background is view of hope for the Sun as it tries to break through the dark clouds over the water

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

… background is view of hope for the Sun as it tries to break through the dark clouds…

Well said.

Viewing 9 posts - 331 through 339 (of 339 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.