antiX screenshots – General

Forum Forums General Screenshots antiX screenshots – General

• This topic has 584 replies, 100 voices, and was last updated Feb 23-3:36 am by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 585 total)
  • Author
    MAKCNM_0709

AntiX 23 with wallpapers based on the game Transistor

Attachments:
      techore

Default wallpaper for aXd 23 alpha (antix-dusk 23 unofficial spin).

Attachments:
        Brian Masinick

Nice @techore !

--
          Brian Masinick

ile

hello rokytnji
            Conky in the “from the Dell” 127545 by akaEpitaph December 30
            fits into
            the wallpaper techore dusk.

Forum Admin
            rokytnji

The 64 bit Samsung Laptop antiX 23 sysvinit install

Dirty

[/url]

Clean

[/url]

Pipewire died. Running on Pulseaudio instead. Still have a volume icon. Still have a mixer. Still have sound.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
              Not all who Wander are Lost.
              Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
              How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

ile

hello rokytnji
                antiX23.1 diversity, fluxbox Style antiX

Attachments:
                Forum Admin
                rokytnji

Well. Here is my icewn diversity install Desktop. I am in kernel 5.10 s6 rc.

ile

hello rokytnji and everyone
                    antiX full 23.1
                    fluxbox Style antiX-medium

Attachments:
                    Forum Admin
                    rokytnji

23.1 runit Shop box

[/url]

olsztyn

Just my modest edition of antiX 23 386, fully updated to the latest 23.1 level, tailored for minimal footprint and performance:
                        Not fancy desktop, just basic edition. Memory footprint 77M, running on CoreDuo Thinkpad T60…

Attachments:

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
                        http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Brian Masinick

@olsztyn said:
                          “Just my modest edition of antiX 23 386, fully updated to the latest 23.1 level, tailored for minimal footprint and performance:
                          Not fancy desktop, just basic edition. Memory footprint 77M, running on CoreDuo Thinkpad T60”.

Great older system. Back in those days, the Thinkpad T series and Dell D600 series were among the best around.
                          I’m not sure if it was on my D600 or my Dimension 4100, but in the early antiX days my IceWM config back then
                          once came in UNDER 60 MB; I believe my lowest ever was 58 MB! In my 64-bit systems, even my older ones can’t
                          get anywhere near that modest memory usage; granted those systems lack the utter power of the newer systems,
                          but their construction, feel, and performance during the days closer to their initial release was very good,
                          and their quality construction speaks to the fact that you are still able to use this system; congratulations!

--
                          Brian Masinick

olsztyn

In my 64-bit systems, even my older ones can’t
                            get anywhere near that modest memory usage; granted those systems lack the utter power of the newer systems,
                            but their construction, feel, and performance during the days closer to their initial release was very good,
                            and their quality construction speaks to the fact that you are still able to use this system; congratulations!

This Thinkpad T60 was released in January 2006. Still works except screen is dim so I have attached to a separate monitor. I loaded typical apps including LibreOffice and extensively tested with 1.5 Gb ram, which is more than enough for normal use…
                            It is thanks to antiX that such older machine performs very nicely. Also antiX is easily adaptable to different look-and-feel, so as to suit different tastes without sacrificing efficiency and in general runs rather cool. In the above snapshot, as you see, the CPU temperature is 36 degrees, and it is after running for some time, not just right after boot… I think recent machines run cooler than old ones, but usually not that cool…

Brian Masinick

My recent HP-14 doesn’t run as cool as that. Excellent!

--
                              Brian Masinick

olsztyn

That temperature (36 degrees) was not under load. The only app open was lxtask, to show memory footprint, and screenshot.
                                Under load it is much higher, even in 50’s…

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by olsztyn.

Brian Masinick

That temperature (36 degrees) was not under load. The only app open was lxtask, to show memory footprint, and screenshot.
                                  Under load it is much higher, even in 50’s…

In that case my HP probably runs cooler. It’s a much newer system and I’ve never seen it above the forties under load.

--
                                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 585 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.