antiX Sid debian repos

Forum Forums News Sid Upgraders antiX Sid debian repos

This topic contains 81 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Xaver Nov 12-2:58 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author

skidoo

cgmanager depends on libcgmanager0
    so
    at this point, i would first reinstall libcgmanager0
    then
    purge cgmanager
    then
    purge libcgmanager0

fungalnet
    fungalnet

That didn’t work either

nonico

That’s why I’m a Sid-sissy. Tried Sid on several occasions…even with using “apt-listbugs”, I’d eventually run into something that gave me a nervous-jerkdown. Testing is good enough for me to have a rolling release. 😉

Hope you get it resolved.

To any Sid users, I bow to you. 🙂

fungalnet
    fungalnet

Except for a couple of packages I want installed, the rest is pretty functional as it is. I am sure something will be worked out soon, I can wait. It is part of the gamble. If nobody tried sid, testing would be unstable, and if nobody tried testing, then stable would be pretty unstable. They say arch is like debian sid, no it is not, it is much more “advanced” and there is arch-testing where pkgs go through for 2-3 days.
    But this is antix and it has to defend itself against the fastballs that debian throws at them.

I do have a testing backup from a few weeks ago if all else fails, but most likely I’ll end here again 🙂

OpenRC has a ton of conflicts to install, so I am not even going to try.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

I have been running antiX-sid since the antiX-12 release.
    I do not see the issue that fungalnet is reporting at all.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

skidoo

/var/lib/dpkg/info/eudev.postinst: 131: /var/lib/dpkg/info/eudev.postinst: addgroup: not found

reads like a scenario where someone is playing at building up from core, and repeatedly ignoring the substance of the error messages.
    If addgroup is indeed absent from the system, maybe it’s time to put a fork in it ~~ it’s fawked, Jim. Reinstall.

fungalnet
    fungalnet

wow, hold on
    I did not built any system from core, whatever that may mean, I installed, I added openbox, a browser and a few lxde tools then moved up to testing, then moved up to sid and have been upgrading daily.
    But if this is going to be a steady attitude there might not be any reason to re-install, and that is a windows advise to reinstall instead of fixing.
    I am a conscious tester of sid, always have been, and sid has never been a good place for improvising system construction, stable is. I’m not on the antix machine now and can’t check if there is an addgroup but I sure did not remove any group nor did I change the ids of any users and groups. It is all as came from antix.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Feb 2 18:42 /usr/sbin/addgroup -> adduser

If libpolkit-1 was borked a few days ago and systemd cripped in and messed everything up, I don’t know.

Again, if it is not fixable it is not worth pursuing anymore. If and when I know I did something wrong and I know it can be fixed but it is just faster and easier to reinstall, I do that. I have NEVER resinstalled a system because there was no clue why it broke. There are more than 600 of them out there to try my luck.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by fungalnet.
    fungalnet
    fungalnet
    $ sudo apt install  libcgmanager0
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    libcgmanager0 is already the newest version (0.41-2).
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      dh-python laptop-detect libargon2-0 libck-connector0 libcryptsetup12 libglu1-mesa libindicator3-7
      libjson-c3 liblightdm-gobject-1-0 libqt5xml5 libxfce4ui-1-0 libxfce4ui-common libxfce4util-common
      libxfce4util7 libxfconf-0-2 libxklavier16 libxvmc1 lxde-common lxlock x11-apps x11-session-utils xfconf
      xfwm4 xinit xscreensaver xscreensaver-data
    Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    #   sudo apt remove cgmanager 
    Building dependency tree       
      dh-python laptop-detect libargon2-0 libck-connector0 libcryptsetup12 libglu1-mesa libindicator3-7
      libjson-c3 liblightdm-gobject-1-0 libqt5xml5 libxfce4ui-1-0 libxfce4ui-common libxfce4util-common
      libxfce4util7 libxfconf-0-2 libxklavier16 libxvmc1 lxde-common lxlock x11-apps x11-session-utils xfconf
      xfwm4 xinit xscreensaver xscreensaver-data
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      cgmanager
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    After this operation, 377 kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    (Reading database ... 124128 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing cgmanager (0.41-2) ...
    [....] Stopping cgroup management proxy daemon: cgproxy[....] Stopping cgroup management daemon: cgmanagerProcessing triggers for man-db (2.8.2-1) ...
    #   sudo apt remove libcgmanager0
    Building dependency tree       
      libjson-c3 liblightdm-gobject-1-0 libnih-dbus1 libnih1 libqt5xml5 libxfce4ui-1-0 libxfce4ui-common
      libxfce4util-common libxfce4util7 libxfconf-0-2 libxklavier16 libxvmc1 lxde-common lxlock x11-apps
      x11-session-utils xfconf xfwm4 xinit xscreensaver xscreensaver-data
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      libcgmanager0
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    After this operation, 167 kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    (Reading database ... 124110 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing libcgmanager0:amd64 (0.41-2) ...
    Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3) ...
    #   sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Building dependency tree       
    Calculating upgrade... Done
      libjson-c3 liblightdm-gobject-1-0 libnih-dbus1 libnih1 libqt5xml5 libxfce4ui-1-0 libxfce4ui-common
      libxfce4util-common libxfce4util7 libxfconf-0-2 libxklavier16 libxvmc1 lxde-common lxlock x11-apps
      x11-session-utils xfconf xfwm4 xinit xscreensaver xscreensaver-data
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    #   sudo apt-get install lxsession lxsession-logout
    Building dependency tree       
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     lxsession-logout : Depends: consolekit but it is not going to be installed or
                                 systemd
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    #   sudo apt-get install lxsession
    Building dependency tree       

lxsession : Depends: lxsession-logout but it is not going to be installed
    #   

I think this may be the problem:

$ sudo apt install consolekit
    Building dependency tree       

consolekit : Depends: libck-connector0 (= 0.4.6-6) but 1.2.1-1~exp2 is to be installed
    fungalnet
    fungalnet

That was it:
    libck-connector0 (= 0.4.6-6) but 1.2.1-1~exp2 the one I had on must have crawled in from debian, when I purged it and tried to install it again the antix version came in, and so did consolekit and then the whole thing got untangled.
    Removing xinit though seemed as something I shouldn’t do.
    If I reboot and there is a problem I’ll be on again, otherwise see you on the next bug.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Where on earth did you get that version? Certainly not from Debian (sid)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

skidoo

“~exp2” suffix denotes experimental, right?

hold on
    I did not built any system from core, whatever that may mean, I installed, I added openbox, a browser and a few lxde tools then moved up to testing, then moved up to sid and have been upgrading daily.
    But if this is going to be a steady attitude there might not be any reason to re-install, and that is a windows advise to reinstall instead of fixing.
    I am a conscious tester of sid

^—- trying to quote enough here so that I’m not quoting “out of context”

Yes, “attitude” b/c, repeatedly, the pasted output has indicated a specific problem… yet the operator has glossed over/past without addressing the indicated problem.

Yes, advising “reinstall” is the expedient, perhaps outright necessary, response when an operator cannot fathom that “addgroup” is a system command (and is provided by the same-named debian package… which is apparently — per pasted output — absent from the affected system).

>> dpkg-reconfigure console-setup-linux

> I found no reference for dpkg-reconfigure

Because you’re playing in sid, I presumed you would understand the instruction (and I didn’t even bother to preface the commandline with sudo).
    That instruction may have been unhelpful toward resolving the immediate (showstopper) problem, but should have caused no harm.
    Inability to follow that instruction, or even comprehend that I was providing a suggested commandline instruction…
    …contributed to you (us) arriving at skidoo’s post stating “at this point, mebbe just oughta stick a fork in it and reinstall”.

regarding “I am a conscious tester of sid”:
    Ah, it’s a noble, thankless effort, isn’t it? Or it’s a fun, ten thousand piece, puzzle…
    or, for some, it’s an incomprehensible “my reach exceeds my grasp exercise in futility”.

Reread what I posted to the antixforum “openbox users group” topic.
    Understand that y’all better have a damned good reason for wanting/needing lxsession,
    and that the debian -provided package is tainted by systemd dependencies,
    and that even if you do succeed in shoehorning lxsession into antiX…
    the resulting system will no longer be “antiX” compatible (session startup, menus, et cetera).

fungalnet
    fungalnet

Did you see “up there” that I showed you the addgroup –> adduser that exists in the system and has never moved since the installation?

3-4 days ago anticap explained to me that “there is a new policykit-1 in the repos that brings in libsystemd0 and breaks mate for certain and maybe other packages” and that was a response to why my system is broken after a dist-upgrade.
    It took a couple of days of back and forth trying to get it back, he knew about it and told me specifically what would cure the problem.
    In the meantime, while I wanted to try a few things on my own I made an image of the system as it was at the time before I completely mess it up, and used “some experimental software from an experimental repository”. Somehow as the system had lost some files from the dist-upgrade and I was trying to get back what I lost it picked up consolekit that I didn’t notice existed in that repository. Apt is not very specific where each file is coming from.
    I am surprised though that although he knew and said himself that policykit-1 broke the system that he comes up here and says that sid hasn’t broken for years.

Are you saying that someone can not run LXDE in AntiX?
    Is anticap cosigning this declaration? As far as I know LXDE is as far affected by systemd as any desktop, so why should or would be a problem with lxde. Isn’t lxsession a standard pkg of LXDE? Why am I using it? Becuase through out the years lxsession-logout has been the only reliable desktop package to handle logout, reboot, shutdown. I also use lxpolkit as it is most compatible with what I use. I didn’t know I had to stop and use what you use.

Anyway, with “that attitude” again I am not going to continue going back and forth with you. Chill and get it over with.

All I did to a perfectly running system was dist-upgrade and half the desktop stuff flew away. Due to eye problems that day I just didn’t read before I hit “y”. But I realized that things went haywire. It took 48hr to get the policykit-1-nosystemd and get the system operational again. But it seemed as one problem followed another. Building a system from core, NO! Testing a system and its reliability, yes. I am a user and dedicate my work to users, not developers, not disto-dictators, nor sissy teachers pointing a finger at me.

End of story.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by fungalnet.

skidoo

Anyway, with “that attitude” again

Well said.
    My ‘tude is my own, doesn’t reflect — nor necessarily even align with — the outlook of the staff and the developers.

Time for me to just leave y’all to your own devices and take my grumpy, sissy self elsewhere.
    Hmm, I still have a SLiM rebuild on the cooker.
    I’ll followup to post a topic announcing its download availability, then will retire “skidoo” from the forum.

-=-

https://web.archive.org/web/20180330225926/https://sysdfree.wordpress.com/2018/03/30/188/
    Posted on March 30, 2018 by fungalnet

Linux forums and lists are functional and self-serving for users (individuals) and developers (teams) as long as they each hold their positions in hierarchy. It is very common (not all are like this) that once a users’ problem is presented and “there is no solution found” by developers, the immediate reaction is something the user did that caused the problem. Bug reporting has become a joke to only stuff developers discover as bugs themselves. “As bugs themselves” … hey I like how that rimes.

There are developers and distro creators out there who beg for users to break and discover major flaws in their systems. This is how they perfect their work. Most others try to shove things under the carpet, or they appoint watchdog moderators to do all that carpet work because they are too high and mighty to do user cleansing themselves.

Why are we saying this and who do we have in mind? Too many I am afraid, and it must be some Debian originating culture of microcosms where people think they are sitting on clouds overlooking their creation as their kingdom.

There are butt kissing users, fans of the kings and princes, and then there are users with dignity. Let’s fight for dignity because it seems that it has been flowing down towards the ocean lately.

Yep, “fight” is the operative word. You’re all about fight, you bring it along wherever you go, you like how it “rimes”.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by skidoo.
    fungalnet
    fungalnet

‘Yep, “fight” is the operative word. You’re all about fight, you bring it along wherever you go, you like how it “rimes”.’

Come on, bring it out, no half talk, although you are getting way off topic and you should start another conversation elsewhere.
    What is it?
    It is not about a problem in sid upgrading is it, you have another issue?

nonico

sid = someone instigated disorder

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.