antiX transformation pack – antiX FT 10

Forum Forums General Software antiX transformation pack – antiX FT 10

• This topic has 493 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated May 20-4:53 am by PPC.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    olsztyn

disallowed, edited out of here, too.

Thank you BobC…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
      http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

olsztyn

Xunzi_23 and olsztyn ,without necessarily resorting to drastic measures here now, you are urged to continue your annoying dispute in private messages.

Thanks @Caprea, but I must respectfully decline your offer to continue such discussion with the said user in private… No interest on my part…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by olsztyn.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
        http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

caprea

“Toogle toolbar’s window previews on/off“ The script is working fine here, thank you.

BobC

That’s slick, PPC 🙂 I was wondering where that came from the other day (because I liked it), and caprea chimed in he wanted to turn it off, LOL.

It is OK for people to have different ideas. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. But we should all at least think about the ramifications for others as well when we are working on stuff.

Daily driver distro https://www.antixforum.com

PPC

@BobC: yeah, I saw your post about that – I forgot to explecitly reply to it – sorry about that: FT10 provides 2 kinds of “window thumbnails/previews”: one kind if straight from the toolbar (you hover on the icon for a running window and tint2 tries to display a preview for it) and the other one (from the window switcher button, next to the Menu button) is done via an external program (by default skippy-xd)… The funny thing is that, with window previews toogle to off and toggle the toolbar to display names of running windows next to the icon, tint2’s toolbar looks like the default antix toolbar 🙂

To all: Proposed script to change FT10’s toolbar’s settings in a easy way (toggle 12/24h; toggle show seconds on/off; toggle the way the date is shown). The only thing I want to add to this is “toggle show date on/off”.

The code:

#!/bin/bash
              # Small script to manage tint2 toolbar clock settings
              ###
              # The script was created by PPC
              #Manage format of clock hours
              clock-12-24  (){
              	original_time_format=$(egrep "^time1_format =" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc | cut -d'=' -f2)
              SUB='%H'
              if [[ "$original_time_format" == *"$SUB"* ]]; then
              echo "currently showing 24h"
              seleccao="%I:%M"
                else
              echo "currently showing12h"   
              seleccao="%H:%M"
              fi
              #Edit changes in tint2rc config file
              sed -i "/^time1_format =/s/$original_time_format/ $seleccao/g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
              # restart tint2
              killall -9 tint2
              nohup tint2 &
              exit
              }
              #Display/hide seconds in toolbar clock
              clock-show-seconds () {
              original_time_format=$(egrep "^time1_format =" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc | cut -d'=' -f2)
              if [[ $original_time_format == *":%S"* ]]; then
                 echo "Clock IS displaying seconds! Changing..."
                 new_time_format=$(echo $original_time_format |sed 's/:%S//')
                echo $new_time_format 
                sed -i "/^time1_format =/s/$original_time_format/ $new_time_format/g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc

else
                echo "Clock IS NOT displaying seconds! Changing..."
                sed -i "/^time1_format =/s/$original_time_format/ $original_time_format:%S/g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc

fi
              # restart tint2
              killall -9 tint2
              nohup tint2 &
              exit
              }
              date_format () {
              	original_date_format=$(egrep "^time2_format =" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc | cut -d'=' -f2)
              	if [[ $original_date_format == *"%a %-d %b"* ]]; then
                     echo "Clock IS displaying day then month! Changing..."
                     sed -i "/^time2_format =/s/$original_date_format/ %a %b %-d /g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                     # restart tint2
              killall -9 tint2
              nohup tint2 &
              exit

else
                      echo "Clock IS displaying month then day! Changing..."
                      sed -i "/^time2_format =/s/$original_date_format/ %a %-d %b /g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                      # restart tint2
              killall -9 tint2
              nohup tint2 &
              exit
                  fi    
              }
              export -f clock-12-24 clock-show-seconds date_format
              yad --center --title="Toolbar clock settings" --text="Toolbar clock settings" \
                    --button="12h\24h":"bash -c clock-12-24" \
                    --button="Toogle seconds on/off":"bash -c clock-show-seconds"\
                    --button="Toogle Date format":"bash -c date_format"
              Brian Masinick

Looks good PPC; thanks for the update!

--
                Brian Masinick

ile

caprea
                  tint2 preview is “thumbnail”
                  look in settings Properties, Task buttons, uncheck Thumbnails
                  there after Show tooltips.

in rc text 1 or 0 for thumbnail

Attachments:
                  caprea

I think you are right, Ile, thanks. Which brings me to a until now not seen problem.
                    Sure I’m blind but I can’t make changes there, being under the impression on my screen the “OK” (or something similar) button is missing.Even if scrolled down till end.See screenshot

EDIT: Ok. I solved this by using the “full screen” option from the top bar by right clicking mouse or Alt+F11.
                    The window decoration buttons did not work for that.See scrennshot 2

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by caprea.
                    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by caprea.
                    PPC

Sure I’m blind but I can’t make changes there

The “Apply” and “Ok” buttons are on the lower right (on the unscrolable part of the window). Try Alt + F11 to put the tint2conf window in full screen mode.
                      Like I said, I find that tint2conf is not that intuitive to use… That’s why I developed FT10’s very own toolbar configuration scripts…

Edit: Nijaed on this, of course…

New version of the script that manages the Toolbar’s Clock (very nearly finished, it’s missing localization and some extra details- I’ll also clean up all the “echo” stances, they are there only for troubleshooting during development). I also thought it was logical to add the choice to set time and date from this configuration window:

Code:

#!/bin/bash
                      # Small script to manage tint2 toolbar clock settings
                      # This script was created by PPC, as part of the FT10 antiX Linux package. 4/1/2023, GPL license
                      #Manage format of the toolbar clock
                      clock-12-24  (){
                      SUB='%H'
                      if [[ "$original_time_format" == *"$SUB"* ]]; then
                      echo "currently showing 24h. Changing..."
                      seleccao="%I:%M"
                        else
                      echo "currently showing 12h. Changing..."   
                      seleccao="%H:%M"
                      fi
                      sed -i "/^time1_format =/s/$original_time_format/ $seleccao/g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                      # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit
                      }
                      #Display/hide seconds in toolbar clock
                      clock-show-seconds () {
                      if [[ $original_time_format == *":%S"* ]]; then
                         echo "Clock IS displaying seconds! Changing..."
                         new_time_format=$(echo $original_time_format |sed 's/:%S//')
                        echo $new_time_format 
                        sed -i "/^time1_format =/s/$original_time_format/ $new_time_format/g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc

else
                        echo "Clock IS NOT displaying seconds! Changing..."
                        sed -i "/^time1_format =/s/$original_time_format/ $original_time_format:%S/g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc

fi
                      # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit
                      }
                      #Format of the Date to be displayed in the toolbar clock
                      date_format () {
                      	original_date_format=$(egrep "^time2_format =" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc | cut -d'=' -f2)
                      	if [[ $original_date_format == *"%a %-d %b"* ]]; then
                             echo "Clock IS displaying day then month! Changing..."
                             sed -i "/^time2_format =/s/$original_date_format/ %a %b %-d /g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                             # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit

else
                              echo "Clock IS displaying month then day! Changing..."
                              sed -i "/^time2_format =/s/$original_date_format/ %a %-d %b /g" ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                              # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit
                          fi    
                      }
                      #Show/hide Date (if the clock is enabled) in the toolbar clock
                      show_date () {
                      	rm /tmp/checky
                      awk '/^time2_format/' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc > /tmp/checky
                      if [ ! -s /tmp/checky ]; then
                      echo "commentend"
                          echo toolbar IS NOT currently showing the date! Changing...
                          sed -i 's/^#time2_format =/time2_format =/g' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                                  # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit
                      else
                          echo "not commented"
                          echo toolbar IS currently showing the date! Changing...
                       sed  -i '/^[^#]/ s/\(^.*time2_format =.*$\)/#\1/' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                         # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit
                      fi
                      }
                      #Show/hide Time (clock and date) in the toolbar clock
                      show_time () {
                      	rm /tmp/checky
                      awk '/^time1_format/' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc > /tmp/checky
                      if [ ! -s /tmp/checky ]; then
                      echo "commentend"
                          echo toolbar IS NOT currently showing the Time! Changing...
                          sed -i 's/^#time1_format =/time1_format =/g' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                          sed -i 's/^#time2_format =/time2_format =/g' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                                  # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit
                      else
                          echo "not commented"
                          echo toolbar IS currently showing the Time! Changing...
                       sed  -i '/^[^#]/ s/\(^.*time1_format =.*$\)/#\1/' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                       sed  -i '/^[^#]/ s/\(^.*time2_format =.*$\)/#\1/' ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
                         # restart tint2
                      killall -9 tint2
                      nohup tint2 &
                      exit
                      fi
                      }
                      #Export functions, so they can be used from the yad window
                      export -f clock-12-24 clock-show-seconds date_format show_date show_time
                      #Main yad window, to allow users to select what they want to toggle
                      yad --window-icon=/usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48x48/actions/view-history.png --center --title="Toolbar clock settings" --text="Toolbar clock settings" \
                          --button="12h\24h":"bash -c clock-12-24" \
                          --button="Toogle seconds on/off":"bash -c clock-show-seconds"\
                          --button="Toogle Date format":"bash -c date_format"\
                          --button="Toogle Time on/off":"bash -c show_time"\
                          --button="Toggle Date on/off":"bash -c show_date"\
                          --button="Set Time and Date":"bash -c set_time-and_date.sh"

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by PPC.
                      • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by PPC.
                      caprea

Like I said, I find that tint2conf is not that intuitive to use… That’s why I developed FT10’s very own toolbar configuration scripts…

Ah, I see, in the end it would might be better if not reachable from menu or is it only a problem here on my laptop?

PPC

in the end it would might be better if not reachable from menu.

I kind of agree – the tint2conf desktop file is automatically made available when tint2 is installed (and it’s installed as a dependency of FT10’s package).
                          I can change the “Enable FT10” so it deletes that .desktop file… But I deslike changing user’s systems more than strictly needed. and also, it’s part of tint2 package – for advanced users it’s great that it’s available- an user that knows that FT10’s toolbar is in fact a tint2 toolbar (and what that means) and masters that configuration program, they can tweak even more of the toolbar’s features that my scripts allow- since the app allows to change literally all aspects of tint2 toolbar, create multiple toolbars etc… You can, for example, create a tint2 toolbar, call it “dock” and configure it to display only quick-launchers and currently running windows. You can then configure FT10’s toolbar to be placed on the top of the screen, and run the secondary “dock” tint2 toolbar on the bottom – This gets you a more MacOS look and Feel. As you see, the possibilities are endless- so endless that I still am not comfortable using tint2conf.
                          My aim is making the menu and toolbar easily configurable by a regular user that does not want to deal with very complex configuration screens. Also, I tried to implement the configuration windows like they are all part of the “system” – an easy to use and easy to configure system. Tint2 toolbar is not as powerful as the default IceWM toolbar, for example. But it all the configuration scripts I wrote, it’s very easily customizable and offers some nice extras (like the window previews, that some users like, others don’t).
                          The single feature I miss from tint2 toolbar is that it does not allow access to the “Window” menu – on FT10 it can only be reached by right clicking the title bar of the window. Then again, most times that folks right click the icon/title of an open window, on the toolbar, is to close it. So, on FT10, I configured right clicking an icon on the taskbar to simple close the related window- it’s a time saver, once the user gets the hang of it…

P.

PPC

The latest ft1010, version 1.5 is now in beta: http://gitlab.com/antix-contribs/ft10-transformation/-/raw/main/ft10-transformation_1.5.b1_all.deb

Please, if you can test it, and report any bugs here.
                            Remember it’s a beta, it may be buggy

Changes:
                            -Fixed bug that did not allow to correctly add favorites to the menu
                            -In the Categories Menu – now the first entry is “All” and the last entry is “antiX” – it makes sense, since the first categorie looks selected when users open the menu.
                            -In the Tiled Menu – removed the torrents icon and replaced it with the DDG web search
                            -Added the GUI to search the web without a browser, using ddgr – this can be handy for old computers that don’t run modern browsers that well
                            -The tint2 configuration window now has 2 columns
                            -The tint2 configuration window now lets users toggle window previews on/off
                            -The tint2 configuration window now lets user change the clock and date: 12/24h, change date format, hide clock and date, hide clock, and even set time and date (it’s a logical place for it, like in Mobile Devices)

To do:
                            The biggest one is localizing the new script that manages the toolbar clock and date

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by PPC.
                            marcelocripe

To do:
                              The biggest one is localizing the new script that manages the toolbar clock and date

When the time is right, just let us know and we will translate. However, we need the .pot files in Transifex for the final version of the 1.5 series.

– – – – –

To do:

Quando for o momento adequado, basta apenas nos avisar que traduziremos sim. Contudo, nós precisamos dos arquivos .pot no Transifex da versão final da série 1.5.

Robin

we need the .pot files in Transifex for the final version of the 1.5

So, please let me know when there is something stable and finally checked, ready for uploading to transifex, then I’ll update the outdated existing FT10 resource on contribs immediately. When ready, please point me to the .pot file to use.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

PPC

Thank you, Marcelo and Robin, and the rest of the translation team

PS: I forgot a change that can be handy, specially for users of virtual desktops- if you install the package “xfdashboard“, it will be used as default FT10 window switcher – and it allows to drag and drop windows between virtual work spaces, close windows straight from the previews- it also works as an app launcher / temporary dock.
                                  This tiny change will make FT10 much more usable with virtual work spaces- one feature that I’ve been wanting to add for ages…

P.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 494 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.