antiX transformation pack – antiX FT 10

Forum Forums General Software antiX transformation pack – antiX FT 10

• This topic has 410 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated Jan 26-1:03 pm by marcelocripe.
Viewing 6 posts - 406 through 411 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    BobC

If you need translation help, let me know, I’ll pitch in if you point me to the files.

Brian Masinick

@PPC: I downloaded the recent FT10 1.5 Beta 1 update and gave it a quick try. I haven’t tested every feature, but the basics do work – turning FT10 on and off, setting a few preferences, including date and time displays.

If I get more time, I’ll dig deeper, but I am looking forward to the addition of your latest idea and breakthrough; I’ll definitely give all of that a solid test! Keep up the good work; I hope more people try this out!

--
        Brian Masinick

PPC

@BobC – Thanks for the offer! Since I wrote FT10 scripts in English, please, do take a look at the menu (both Tiled and Categories), the script to manage favourites and tiles, and the script that manages tint2 (that comes up when the user right clicks the +/- icon).
          If something sound off, please report it, and tell me the correct way to write what I want (I’m not a native English speaker).

I’ll tweak the new script to configure time and date – it’s too wide for lower resolution screens, netbooks. I’ll have to make it “vertical”… Other than that, I think I’ll try inserting the new scripts I created for the Trash Can (adding a GUI to empty the Trash Can and allowing users to restore a file from the Trash Can straight to it’s original place)- but I’m too drained, I’m not sure I’m up to fighting with zzzfm’s script right now- as it is, except for any unforseen bug, I think FT10 v1.5 is almost production ready – after the weekend, if not bug comes up, or any brilliant suggestion/idea, the final version will very close to this beta- I’ll ask anticapitalista to compile the .deb and make it available, and I’ll also provide the language files, for better localization. Pt is already done (by me), and Marcelo probably will want to tweak the pt_BR one. I think our Italian users found no problems with the older version, so they will only have to check if my machine assisted localization for the new script to configure the time shown in the toolbar is correct.
          The es localization should probably be fine. The french one will need a bit of a revision (hi, Wallon!) and the German version is probably lousy (so Robin will have his hands full, correcting my de localization).

I take a lot of care trying to make sure users get the UX (User eXperience) possible- I think I made the toolbar and the menu as easy to use as possible, also, as easy to edit as possible (including some suggestions made here in this thread). Even the “Update Reminder” script, that, if turned on in the “Enable Ft10” screen will remind users to update, if they have not done so for a week (this reminder is made only once a day, and/or at the system start)- this script now uses the code I created for antiX-updater, and accepts the default options, so all the user has to do is click the notification’s button to update, enter the root password (if asked to), wait until the process is finished, and close the notification that the system is now up to date- it’s as brain dead simple as I can make it ( except for the entering credentials, it’s even simpler than in Windows- but a bit uglier, because users do see the Terminal doing the upgrade)

As always my aim is that folks that use Windows 10/11 or mobile devices will not have any trouble using antiX’s more essential features, specially when using the Tiled Menu: Internet, E-mail, File Management, installing stuff from Package Installer, Updating the system, using Office… it’s all available straight from the toolbar or instantly on the menu.

It’s nothing users can’t mostly achieve installing tint2 toolbar and jgmenu’s menu and configuring those extremely nice pieces of software- but my Tint2 Manager offers probably 90% of all the features users may want in (what I think is) a far simpler interface than the official tint2’s config GUI.

PS: I’m tempted to include an option, in “ft10 enable” window, to keep antiX’s default look – so users can enable and disable Ft10 from the same window, making the process simple? I do like having 2 separate options to enable and disable – that way it’s harder to make mistakes, but having that option on the “enable” screen would make it simpler, if anticapitalista (or anyone else) ever wanted to make an iso with FT10 installed and enabled.

Question: do you folks think it worth the extra work to add another option to the “FT10 enable” window: “Simple Menu” (the Tiled Menu with the Tiles turned off)– it provides a more Windows 11 look (even if I created it before screenshots of Windows 11 hit the Internet, I think).
          If you want to test this look: make sure you are in the Tiled menu (if not, launch “Ft10 enable” from the menu and select the Tiled menu) > left click Ft10 menu > left click “Manage Favorites” (on the top part of the menu) > left click “Tiles” > Choose the option to hide the Tiles

P.

PPC

For anyone that installed the 1.5beta 1, here’s the next version of the script to manage the Time and Date displayed in the toolbar (uncompress the .zip file and run the script from a File Manager), I think it’s much more usable and looks “cleaner”.

P.

Brian Masinick

I just went through the majority of functions, both in the new time and date manager and in the overall FT10 package with the time and date inclusions. Everything I tried worked as expected, colors, size, position, and formats all modified as expected.

It’s looking good to me and I’m able to do everything I requested, and it can still be enabled and disabled as we’ve seen previously.

Nice update!

--
              Brian Masinick

marcelocripe

Hello PPC.

The first tests and the modifications in the texts of the .po and .desktop files in pt_BR I sent you by private message. I’ve included the fr and fr_BE texts Wallon asked me over a year ago to send you from the “ft10-debinstaller.desktop” file and it also has my improvements.

Please use the “Debinstaller” I sent you twice. BobC managed to get all the texts translated and FT10 deserves to have the improved version of “Debinstaller”.

– – – – –

Olá PPC.

Os primeiros testes e as modificações nos textos dos arquivos .po e .desktop em pt_BR eu te enviei por mensagem particular. Eu incluí os textos fr e fr_BE que o Wallon me pediu há mais de um ano atras para te enviar do arquivo “ft10-debinstaller.desktop” e também possui as minhas melhorias.

Por favor, utilize o “Debinstaller” que eu te enviei duas vezes. O BobC conseguiu fazer com que todos os textos fossem traduzidos e o FT10 merece ter a versão melhorada do “Debinstaller”.

Viewing 6 posts - 406 through 411 (of 411 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.