“Arditi del popolo” core – Openbox-tint2-Dracule themes

Forum Forums General Screenshots “Arditi del popolo” core – Openbox-tint2-Dracule themes

• This topic has 20 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Oct 28-11:25 am by ganoia.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ganoia

I installed openbox from antix 23 core with tint2, customizing it with a lot of ricing and some code i developed.
      I used i3lock colors and betterlockscreen using debs from Kali, obshutdown debs from debiandog, and i customized t2ec tint executors to use nerd font glyphs insead of icons and yad instead of zenity; in this way icon color and size can be customized on a per icon basis.
      The first screenshot shows pmwc (Poor Man wallpaper changer), a sort of “Variety” wallpaper changer i scripted using zzzfm dialog, and a dunst notification showing weather forescast from open-meteo.com; pmwc can show a preview of the selected wallpaper on the filsystem, just double click on the file you want preview.
      The second screenshot shows my yad volume slider, tint2 icon window preview and neofetch output.
      Third screenshot shows betterlockscreen in action and fourth skippy-xd.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by ganoia.
      • This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by ganoia.
      ganoia

Fith screenshot is obmenu-generator in action and sixth is an obshutdown preview.

PPC

Thanks for sharing!
          You have many good ideas – antiX already has it’s own optional tint2 toolbar (and jgmenu), available in the package ft10-transformation, with some similar default options to what you choose.
          I’m very interested in your wallpaper changer and your weather notification, are you interested in sharing that?
          Also I liked how polished betterlockscreen looks – did you compile a .deb package for it, that you can also make available?

P.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by PPC.
          madibi

Nice work.
            Thanks for showing us 🙂
            m

Karo

Well done!

Since english is not my native language and my knowledge is too poor to represent complex things I use a translator.
              These are known not to be perfect. If you translate one of my posts from german to english into other languages, the result will be worse and worse. Therefore, I post in both english and german, so that non english speaking users can have the german text translated directly into their language.

ganoia

Thanks for sharing!
                You have many good ideas – antiX already has it’s own optional tint2 toolbar (and jgmenu), available in the package ft10-transformation, with some similar default options to what you choose.

I’m aware of ft10 transormation, and i find it very interesting, i will try to install it in the next few days, but i’m afraid that its tight integration with default antix setting could create some problems… i will try and then i will report 🙂

I’m very interested in your wallpaper changer and your weather notification, are you interested in sharing that?
                Also I liked how polished betterlockscreen looks – did you compile a .deb package for it, that you can also make available?
                P.

I’m in the process of publishing pmwc and my tint executors on github, i will post here the links as soon as possible.

betterlosckscreen and i3lock-color are riced form kali repositories,:
                betterlockscreen
                i3lock-color

also arcolinux betterlockscreen is really useful (it’s a gui to set betterlockscreen), i will try to install it from github

Arcolinut Betterlockscreen GUI

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by ganoia.
                PPC

Many thanks – I already tested betterlockscreen – it’ quite a big install, for a lock screen, but I do like the end result. If any one else wants to try it, download and install the 2 required packages (for your PC’s architecture)
                  – how to configure it (and also show the user name, and OS name, in case you have multi users and/or boot multiple systems):
                  betterlockscreen -u [path_of_image_to_show_on_the_background] –desc “User: $USER \n System: antiX 23”

– how to use is as lock screen:
                  betterlockscreen -l
                  We can use a flag, to turn the screen off X seconds. Ex: –off 5

ganoia

Ok, i just found that also actual kali repo contains newer betterlockscreen and i3lock .debs

betterlockscreen
                    i3lock-color

ganoia

Many thanks – I already tested betterlockscreen – it’ quite a big install, for a lock screen, but I do like the end result.

Why do you think so?

betterlockscreen is only a bash script and i3lock-color weights about 120 kB

all the dependencies are quite default packages in all linux distros (imagemagick, xdpyinfo, etc)

ganoia

I installed arcolinu-betterlockscreen

If you want use it:

sudo apt install python3-gi python3-psutil

git clone https://github.com/arcolinux/arcolinux-betterlockscreen.git
                        cd arcolinux-betterlockscreen
                        sudo cp -R usr/* /usr/

to start betterlockscreen i use this command with a tint2 button (the second last button from right, in the screenshot):

betterlockscreen -l blur

for me with an antix core install all works flawlessly, so i presume that these commands should work in almost any antix installation.

The only thing that doesn’t works is the menu icon. I didn’t found any solution at the moment; substituting in .desktop file the icon name with another one make the selected icon appears in the menu, so the problem should be related with the svg icon itself. Anyway in Artix and Obarun the aur package built from the git repo of arcolinux betterlockscreen does not show this problem, so i really can’t figure the causes.

blur13

obshutdown looks really nice

ganoia

obshutdown looks really nice

Unfortunately the theme showed in the screenshot is not available in the default install of obshutdown.
                            I converted in png (the image format used by obshutdown) the corresponding svg Dracula icons.
                            I also made a Papirus icons set.
                            Eventually i can create a git repo for these icons, if someone requests it.

PPC

all the dependencies are quite default packages in all linux distros

Yes, it was the dependencies that made me think that, despite I like this a lot, I can’t recommend it to be included, out of the box in antiX. But I do recommend that this should be added to Package Installer, as a nice and modern looking lock screen. In my system it installed about 12MB of dependencies- not a lot, I know, but considering the tiny size of the original packages, it’s a lot- don’t get me wrong, I still think it’s worth it, xlock makes my eyes hurt, because of the resolution of the letters it shows…

EDIT: if anyone wants to use betterlockscreen as default lock screen for antiX:
                              – Make sure you installed betterlockscreen
                              – Configure betterlockscreen. Ex, on the terminal, run this command:
                              betterlockscreen --update /usr/share/wallpaper/login/antiX3.jpg --blur 1 --desc "User: $USER \n System: antiX 23"

– On the terminal run the command
                              sudo geany /usr/local/bin/desktop-session-exit

This opens the script that manages the way antix exits the session, up for edition, so it requires your password- I advise you backup this file up, before messing with it!!!

Line 21 should say only
                              xlock
                              Replace that line with the betterlockscreen you want to run, while keeping xlock as a backup option, at the end. Ex:

betterlockscreen -l blur --off 10 || xlock

Save the change.
                              Now, when you choose, from antiX’s exit menu, the option to “lock”, it will do so using that new lock screen.

EDIT2: If you want to localize/change betterlockscreen’s message, asking for the password:
                              sudo geany /usr/bin/betterlockscreen
                              and edit the content (the part inside double quotes) of the variable locktext, around line 32, to say exactly what you want to see on the lock screen.
                              Save the change that you just did.

P.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by PPC.
                              ren1268

Well done! I have just installed xautolock, i3lock in my notebook and see your post. Xscreensaver requires libelogind0 stuff.

ganoia

EDIT2: If you want to localize/change betterlockscreen’s message, asking for the password:
                                  sudo geany /usr/bin/betterlockscreen
                                  and edit the content (the part inside double quotes) of the variable locktext, around line 32, to say exactly what you want to see on the lock screen.
                                  Save the change that you just did.

It is possible to use a personal configuration file to set a lot of betterlockscreen/i3lock-color stuff, including the message.
                                  There is an example presenting all the default setting in github repo:
                                  betterlockscreenrc
                                  Copy the file content to:
                                  ~/.config/betterlockscreenrc
                                  and adjust to your liking.
                                  The message is setted by locktext variable, ex:

locktext=”Prove you are authorized!”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.