Article sur antiX

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Article sur antiX

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Ordinosor May 17-11:55 am.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ordinosor
    Ordinosor

Bonjour,

Je m’appelle Benoît alias ordinosor. Hier, j’ai écrit et publié sur mon site miamondo.org, un article sur antiX. En fait, j’ai installé antix-17_386-core.iso sur un netbook. Puis, j’ai “assemblé” mon propre système. Cet article est un retour d’expérience sur l’installation d’antiX. J’y raconte les difficultés que j’ai rencontrées et comment je les ai surmontées. je précise que je suis un passionné de Linux mais un amateur. L’informatique n’est pas mon métier. je précise aussi que cet article n’est absolument pas une critique d’antiX. j’aime beaucoup cette distribution. C’est simplement un retour d’expérience. S’il y a dans l’article des éléments qui ne sont pas corrects, n’hésitez pas à me le faire savoir.
    Bien cordialement.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Ordinosor.
    cyrilus31
    cyrilus31

Bonjour Benoit,

J’ai lu ton blog avec intérêt et surtout la partie sur l’installation de core. Tu devrais poster ton billet en anglais si tu le peux car les dévs ou ceux en mesure de te répondre sont anglophones. Mes connaissances sont limitées mais j’étais bien tenté par l’instal de l’iso core donc ça m’a motivé et peut-être pourra-t-on partager cette expérience.
    Tu peux trouver de l’aide sur les tutos vidéos faits par Dolphin_Oracle un des développeurs : une vidéo de 2014 . Je ne sais pas si elle répondra à tes interrogations mais ça peut être un début.

A+

Cyril

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Sorry, I don’t speak French.

Firstly, thanks for popping in and letting us know your experience with antiX-17-core.
    Only to add that users should really start with the 17.1 version (uploaded 9 April 2018) as it fixes many of the bugs in the earlier 17 version (uploaded 24 October 2017).

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Ordinosor
    Ordinosor

Bonjour cyril,

Merci pour le lien. Si tu es tenté par l’installation d’Antix-Core et que tu as besoin d’aide, n’hésite pas à me demander. J’avais détaillé ce genre d’installation dans un article plus précis dont voici le lien : https://miamondo.org/2018/03/24/linux-installer-un-environnement-graphique-de-base-et-le-configurer-a-sa-guise/
    En tout cas, c’est intéressant de se retrouver à la fin avec un système d’exploitation très personnalisé.
    Cordialement.
    Benoît.

Bonjour Benoit,

J’ai lu ton blog avec intérêt et surtout la partie sur l’installation de core. Tu devrais poster ton billet en anglais si tu le peux car les dévs ou ceux en mesure de te répondre sont anglophones. Mes connaissances sont limitées mais j’étais bien tenté par l’instal de l’iso core donc ça m’a motivé et peut-être pourra-t-on partager cette expérience.
    Tu peux trouver de l’aide sur les tutos vidéos faits par Dolphin_Oracle un des développeurs : une vidéo de 2014 . Je ne sais pas si elle répondra à tes interrogations mais ça peut être un début.

A+

Cyril

Ordinosor
    Ordinosor

Ok, no problem. I speak english. Thank you for your answer. I will edit my article and indicate that the newest release is 17.1 and that it is important to use this one.
    Best regards,
    Benoît.

Sorry, I don’t speak French.

Firstly, thanks for popping in and letting us know your experience with antiX-17-core.
    Only to add that users should really start with the 17.1 version (uploaded 9 April 2018) as it fixes many of the bugs in the earlier 17 version (uploaded 24 October 2017).

masinick
    masinick

I will try Google Translate and see if I can “translate”:

First one:

Hello,

My name is Benoît alias ordinosor. Yesterday, I wrote and published on my website miamondo.org, an article on antiX. In fact, I installed antix-17_386-core.iso on a netbook. Then, I “assembled” my own system. This article is a feedback on the installation of antiX. I tell about the difficulties I encountered and how I overcame them. I said that I am passionate about Linux but an amateur. IT is not my job. I also specify that this article is absolutely not a criticism of antiX. I really like this distribution. It’s simply a feedback. If there are items in the article that are not correct, please let me know.
    Best regards.

Second one:

Hello Benoit,

I read your blog with interest and especially the part about the installation of core. You should post your ticket in English if you can because the devs or those able to answer you are English speaking. My knowledge is limited but I was tempted by the instal of the iso core so it motivated me and maybe we can share this experience.
    You can find help on the video tutorials made by Dolphin_Oracle one of the developers: a video of 2014. I do not know if it will answer your questions but it can be a start.

A +

Cyril

Thanks gentlemen! 🙂

Brian Masinick

masinick
    masinick

By the way, antiX “Core” is a great way to build your own completely customized solution. We have other options too.
    antiX “Base” provides the essentials of the system, plus some basic network and GUI elements, allowing you to add the applications you want.
    antiX “Full” provides a “complete” system with applications sufficient to do common tasks – on an “aging” system, but it also provides access to upstream Debian content so that you can, with any of these versions, assemble whatever you want.

antiX 17.1 is the current version.

Brian Masinick

cyrilus31
    cyrilus31

Thanks for the translation Brian. I work with antiX ‘full’ since version 15 (now I’m on 17.1) and I’m quite happy with it.
    Anyway I’m tempted to try to build from core version jsut to prove myself I can do it 😉
    I will report if I find time to test it.

andfree

Salut Benoît,
    I’ve read your article, although I’m not that good in reading french.
    Me too, I’m interested about building from the core iso, even from the net iso. The net iso is an even more minimal version, but without wifi connectivity by default. I have to install “ceni” and the firmware for my wifi adapter (“firmware-linux-free”) to get wifi work.
    Either I build from core or net iso, I always meet the first problem you write about in your article: the problem about running “startx” as simple (non-root) user. I also solve it in the way you write in your article, too: I install xserver-xorg-legacy and add to /etc/X11/Xrapper.config the “needs_root_rights=yes” line (without spaces before & after the “=” symbol).
    This is enough for me to run “startx” and there’s not seem to be a reason for me to edit the “allowed_users=console” line (without spaces before & after the “=” symbol, again) as “allowed_users=anybody”.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Ordinosor
    Ordinosor

Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot for your answers. First of all, I would like to say that I have been using antiX-core for two weeks and that my OS is very stable and very light. I am really satisfied and I don’t have any big issues. My OS is fully operational.

@andfree : You are right. We just need to add “needs_root-rights=yes” to resolve the issue of not being able to run startx without being root. It’s not necessary to edit “allowed_users=console”. Therefore, I have just edited my article and correct this mistake. Thank you.

That being said, I have noticed some secondary issues and in a few days, I will tell you what it is all about. But once again, the system is operational.

Have a nice evening,

Benoît

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.