[SOLVED]: autostart script

Forum Forums Administration Site Help [SOLVED]: autostart script

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jan 29-10:52 am by sybok.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    santiago.camblor

How can I launch a script when a session starts?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Brian Masinick. Reason: SOLVED
      Xunzi_23

Please give some info as to what you want to acheive, which desktop you use and which antiX version.
        It helps helpers to give sound advice.

sybok

Unless you use minimal versions of the desktop, putting call of the script into ‘~/.desktop-session/startup’ should do the job.

santiago.camblor

Helpful:
            Thanks for your answer.

I am Spanish and my level of English is very low. I will try to explain the problem.

I want to install antiX-22 on the computers of a school. I need to freeze the system because sometimes students mess up the user account. Computers are very old, that’s why I need a lightweight system. I have a script that freezes the student user account. This script uses rsync to synchronize a copy of the student user. This script is on my current system in /etc/X11/Xsession.d. I put it there in AntiX but it doesn’t work. So I need to start the script when the student session starts.

santiago.camblor

I’ll try it

santiago.camblor

I try it and It works.
                Thank you very much

santiago.camblor

I don’t know how edit the first question for add “[solved]”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by santiago.camblor.
                  sybok

Edit the 1st post, its title, prepend ‘[solved]’.
                    This is possible only within 48 (?) hours since it was posted.
                    If it is too late for that, please private-message a forum moderator to do it for you.

santiago.camblor

That is de only post that I can’t edit. I send screanshot

Attachments:
                      santiago.camblor

The last line of the startup file says “use on live system only”. Is it correct use it ?

Also I see a file autostar into the folder .config. I try uses it but the script don’t run.

For freezing the system I rum rsync -a –delete /srv/user/ home/user. But when it runs, then the system don’t work well. I need to use the same scrip but also with –exclude ‘.*’. But this is a problem because I want also freezing the config

sybok

Hi, I use the ‘~/.desktop-session/startup’ file for whatever I need at startup on my bare-metal installs and it works well.
                          My guess is that the line ‘# Used on live system only’ is a template-line, indicating place where to put commands, to be used only in live-system.

My installation contains a directory|folder, not a file, ‘~/.config/autostart/’ where some programs configured to run at autostart put the(ir) corresponding configuration.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.