Back from a Linux break

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Back from a Linux break

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by seaken64 Feb 21-9:17 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aldrich86

I first got in contact with Linux in 2007 (Ubuntu) and have since then used a couple different ones. I’m still a noob, especially now since I been on a break from Linux for several years (forgotten most of it probably) but I’m back again, this time trying out Antix. I tried installing a couple other small distros as well but Antix was the first distro that allowed me to reach the desktop! I have since installation managed to get my wifi working (not as easy in 2007) and installed a couple programs. I could run some more demanding distro (laptop is from 2010) but I don’t have very high demands, other then being able to browse the Internet and watch movies.

Right now I’m mainly having fun exploring and changing wallpaper and all that! :p

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Howdy and Welcome.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

christophe
    christophe

haha yes! Tweaking settings & “wallpaper shopping:” Boy am I glad it’s FREE! 😉

seaken64

Welcome back aldrich86!

I’ve also successfully installed antiX on several machines that pre-date 2010 by quite a bit. I have it running on a few Pentium-III’s from around 1999-2000 and some P-4’s from 2003-2006. antiX is great for bringing new life to old equipment.

Seaken64

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.