Bento antiX i486 on laptop Asus A4D (sound turnaround)

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins Bento antiX i486 on laptop Asus A4D (sound turnaround)

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Sep 19-12:18 pm by anticapitalista.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    melodie

This is a very old laptop, as the BIOS pointed to a date 18 years ago before I changed the CMOS battery. And testing multiple distributions on it, Devuan could make the sound work. Then later I installed Bento antiX (32bits of course) but then the sound didn’t play anymore. So I wondered why, and I just went through the files in /etc/modprobe.d and in the list of packages and found these: http://meets.free.fr/files/nvidia-modem-blacklist.conf

(while looking into lshw I could see both the nvidia modem and nvidia audio chipset were using the same snd_intel8x0m driver, so I guessed it should be prevented to be loaded somehow, I just had not thought the name of the file could be “a thing” ?).
    Then even after a reboot it was not enough, and before that, trying to use pulseaudio had not worked, it would not succeed in connecting to the pulse server… This is when I decided to install this package from the Devuan repos : debian-pulseaudio-config-override_1.0_all.deb
    http://deb.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/d/debian-config-override/

and this did the trick. So I wanted to tell you about it, because it has been a great improvement for this laptop. Then next Bento antiX out will have it too (just the package installed, and the blacklist file).

I think it would be a good addition to antiX.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

I saw someone linking to this in Facebook.

Doesn’t this package simply remove the disable autospawn?

Description: Debian configuration overrides for pulseaudio
     empty package which overrides upstream configuration.
       - remove /etc/pulse/client.conf.d/00-disable-autospawn.conf

This is only for sessions NOT using desktop-session-antiX (like xfce, lxde, kde…).
    Wouldn’t you have simply edit this file (/etc/pulse/client.conf.d/00-disable-autospawn.conf or follow the instruction dolphin_oracle explained in its video?
    https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/kde-install-help-on-runit-core/#post-34792
    This package should not be needed at all.

In antiX, using desktop-session, edit desktop-session’s startup file and add pulseaudio -D & before the volume-icon entry, as explained at least 10 times in the forum.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Bentoo doesn’t use the antiX desktop session files, so both of you are correct.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.