Brave browser

Forum Forums General Tips and Tricks Brave browser

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Aug 19-9:43 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    macondomacondo

http://www.brave.com

click on Download, click on Linux and follow the instructions.
    Brave is a version Chrome, open-source blocks ads, trackers, automatically, comes with widevine (for Netflix)

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by macondo.

antiX Core 64 Bit Runit IceWM

"Sometimes a man finds his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."

m1k3m1k3

The only downside is that there’s a business model involved and they were caught injecting their own referral codes for affiliate links.

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

I don’t have any additional concerns about Brave that are any different than other Web browsers.

Brian Masinick

I use Brave a lot on my phone. On my computer I use a wider variety of browsers.

Brian Masinick

I just installed Brave and am trying it out. It has been described as lighter than Chromium but using the Chromium base. But I have it on an MX install instead of antiX.

Seaken64

I just installed Brave and am trying it out. It has been described as lighter than Chromium but using the Chromium base. But I have it on an MX install instead of antiX.

Seaken64

Brave is lighter than Chrome and one of the most interesting of the newer group of Web browsers. The other one I find useful is Vivaldi. The Vivaldi browser descends from Opera, I believe, but recently Opera changed to use the Chromium rendering mechanism common to Chrome, Chromium, Brave and Vivaldi.

Brian Masinick

Yes, there are a lot of new browsers lighter than Chrome. But I have found that Chromium is pretty light by itself. And I have become accustomed to Chrome and Chromium. But I’ll play with Brave for a while longer to see what it offers.

Seaken64

@Seaken64:

Just keep in mind all resources count.
    Badwolf, for example, is terrific with conservative memory usage but it’s currently limited by some basic services missing, bookmarks, modifying the fonts is not easily done and CPU usage is the apparent consequence of low memory use.

My point is that the best tools are both usable and efficient. Badwolf may get there but it’s not quite at that point quite yet.

Bravo and Vivaldi are good examples that are worth more examination.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Brian Masinick.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.