Brightness – MX KDE does Not work MX Xfce does

Forum Forums General Other Distros Brightness – MX KDE does Not work MX Xfce does

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Aug 29-9:29 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    robertklsz

Was hoping to get some help with this here.

A MX-KDE install I am unable to adjust the display brightness. And the brightness app crashes when I try to launch it.

However, with MX-Xfce the brightness app does launch and does control the display brightness.

The computer is a old MacBook Pro with a Nvidia graphics card
    CPU: Core2 Duo
    Graphics module is nouveau
    Interesting note is that /sys/class/backlight is empty for both Xfce and KDE.

Thanks for the help

caprea
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Hi robertklsz. Most users here use antiX.
    Some of them also use MX-Linux and if you are lucky someone might even use KDE.
    But your question is probably better answered in the MX forum.
    https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewforum.php?f=145

robertklsz
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks. Was hoping to avoid opening up another forum. But I guess I’ll be going there.

Thanks,

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks. Was hoping to avoid opening up another forum. But I guess I’ll be going there.

Thanks,

Do you mean registering for another forum? The MX forum is very friendly and I agree with Caprea that you’re most likely to get an answer over there. If not, let us know. I use MX also. But there are many more MX users and devs over there.

Seaken64

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I agree that the MX Linux forum is one of the best things out there with many experienced people who are helpful.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.