Browser Icon direct on the Icwm page

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Browser Icon direct on the Icwm page

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Nov 28-10:39 am by corsiglia.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Good morning,
    Do you know how to put the browser Icon on the ICWM page ? just to go swiftly to the Internet without crossing the applications menu ! 😉
    Thank you,
    corsiglia

Anti X 16 / Ubuntu 18.04 / IPAD 13

Forum Admin
    DaveDave

Open the file manager, navigate to /usr/share/applications/antix/ and drag the Web browser file to the desktop.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Thank you : I have been well to “/usr/share/applications/antix/” and I found there a line “web-browser.desktop”, is it that you mean ?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

You can use that one, or in /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Thank you ! I have found “firefox desktop ” in ” usr/…../ applications” , then I dragged it to the desktop Icewm ( with the Shellfish ? ) But nothing happened !

Forum Admin

Thank you ! I have found “firefox desktop ” in ” usr/…../ applications” , then I dragged it to the desktop Icewm ( with the Shellfish ? ) But nothing happened !

Placing an icon on the ROX desktop can only be done if you have the rox-pinboard running. In your case this is done by choosing to run a ROX-IceWM session at login or via Menu➞Desktop➞Other Desktops➞Rox-IceWM.
    The ROX-IceWM session is the default shipped in antiX-Full.

Once you have verified you are running the correct session type do the following steps:

1. Open ROX Filer
    2. Browse to the location of the file to be placed on the desktop
    3. Drag and drop the file on to the actual desktop. Important do not drop it in to the Desktop folder.

Ok thanks very much….the Icon “Firefox-esr” is installed, fixed on the rox-acewm desktop page !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.