bspwm fans????

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins bspwm fans????

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by manyroads Aug 18-8:14 am.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    manyroads
    manyroads

I’m looking for a few bspwm fans (okay, maybe one…) to test and help improve an antiX19 based respin I’m working on. Are there any takers???

Pax Vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau aka. manyroads
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." ---H. L. Mencken

sdsddsd
    sdsddsd

Hey,
    I would love to see a respin with bspwm. I used bspwm a while with Voidlinux and switched now to Antix19 because I wanted to see how antix evolved with the new Debianrelease.
    You can send me your respin for testing purpose. I am curious how and if you implemented the Antix controlcenter e.g

Regards,
    Lukas

manyroads
    manyroads

I am actively running bspwm on MX… I am building a version on the beta version of antiX19. I will let everyone know when the antiX version is ready. I plan to run it as a rolling version of antiX Debian.

Pax Vobiscum,
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." ---H. L. Mencken

Koo
    Koo

Would love to help out But not going to install antiX 19 beta if it won’t update to the finale version. Will have to reinstall the final version..

manyroads
    manyroads

@Koo I am actually okay with that, I guess. Right now, I’m using the beta as a simple debug/testing platform. I’m not sharing my work yet because of the uncertain update path for others. I have given serious thought to using Void as a base distro because it is non-systemd and rolling. I eliminated the idea of using either Gentoo (to big a deal to install and keep operational, updates are pretty slow); Artix (too small a base and iffy suppport). If I were to bite the bullet and use systemd, I’d be inclined to use ArchLabs because of their extraordinary community activity and interest in the bspwm, polybar, space…

Pax Vobiscum,

Koo
    Koo

@manyroads I installed Void awhile ago only thing wrong was dual booting gave me trouble..Void worked well and the WM and command stuff was pretty up to date. Not for me.

ArchLabs would a be a great choice awesome community too and Arch lives happy with dual booing plus they have a command line installer keeps the GUIs at bay.
    Download I just did. archlabs-2019.01.20.iso 2019-01-21 638.6 MB

ArcoLinux looks tempting too has so many iso versions this guy covers the lot.

ArcoLinuxB iso’s Awesome , Bspwm , Budgie , Cinnamon , Deepin , Gnome , Openbox , i3 , Mate , Plasma , Qtile , Xfce , Xmonad.

systemd has never given me any trouble what so ever with Debian-10 one awesome system sense buster come along..

manyroads
    manyroads

@Koo I’d be interested in your take on ArchLabs. I’ll try to give it another spin in VBox (I never tried their distro with bspwm).

btw. I have Void now running in VBox. I’ll futz with it to see how I like it. I appreciate their excellent wiki and wm community (especially their bspwm interests); I think this is a worthwhile test for me.

Pax Vobiscum,

sdsddsd
    sdsddsd

Archlab is an awesome atempt to get in touch witch arch. super easy installer where you can choose the basic software u want to have. nice and minimal. I like t
    I took their bspwm and polybar configs to get a start with

manyroads
    manyroads

Yes, dobbie03 does a wonderful job.

Edit: been working some with bspwm on archlabs today. It and xfce 4.14 are sweet. 😉

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by manyroads.

Pax Vobiscum,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.