buster – elogind and policykit-1

Forum Forums antiX-development Development buster – elogind and policykit-1

• This topic has 19 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Feb 25-2:27 pm by dolphin_oracle.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    v3g4n
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

Fixed network-manager should now be in the repos.

Looks like we are needing network-manager_1.14.4-4.0nosystemd2_amd64.deb for testing and sid. i386 packages is already available. Probably already aware though. ;^)

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     network-manager : Depends: libnm0 (= 1.14.4-4.0nosystemd1) but 1.14.4-4.0nosystemd2 is to be installed
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by v3g4n.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Yeah, that deb got lost somewhere between Greece and Canada. Patience, please.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Should be ok now.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    Helpful
    Up

I’m glad this gets network-manager working for those that want it.

I’m still a little concerned about the location issue for the policy conf files. Debian packages in testing are putting those files in /usr/share/dbus-1 instead of /etc/dbus-1, but I get the feeling that our polkitd (or mabye dbus, not sure how all this works) is not sourcing from that location. anti alluded to this above and I think I’m sharing this concern.

with gksu not present in buster (even if its present in antiX), I expect more apps to be utilizing policykit, maybe even internally like network-manager does, so this may be a sign of a broader issue. we can revist once the 17.4 is out.

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    Helpful
    Up

uh oh…looks like debian’s policykit-1 does not current take elogind into account. many of the problems we are seeing might be tied to this underlying issue.

bug report (apparently filed today) https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=923244

I think the poster is one of the crew trying to keep debian more init-system agnostic. He says he has proof of concept patches, which might be useful for antiX when we get to testing.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by dolphin_oracle.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.