Can I add applications to the taskbar?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Can I add applications to the taskbar?

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Jul 15-7:20 pm by stevesr0.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I would like to add some application icons to my taskbar in Antix 17 and Antix 19.

Not sure where to find the instructions.

(I have looked.)

Appreciate pointer to instructions.

thanks.

stevesr0

Yes, if you are using an up to date copy of antiX19 Full it includes an Icon Manager option created by PPC here. See the bottom of this post (the reply by Xecure)

No Internet – Taskbar customize

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by BobC. Reason: in case the browser doesn't position to the exact post in the link

If you use IceWM (which is the default Window Manager) you can edit the config files to change and add to the toolbar. Check the IceWM docs. Similar options exist for Fluxbox and JWM.

Seaken64

Thanks, BobC,

I will look for the Icon Manager in my antix 19 install.

What about the antix 17 install?

Thanks seaken64 – if I can’t find the Icon Manager, I will look into that further.

stevesr0

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by stevesr0.

My guess is that it would likely work in antiX 17, but I don’t have a running system to try it on, anymore.

The package it comes in is called antix-goodies. I wouldn’t suggest just installing the entire package unless it was tested or one of the devs would confirm that wouldn’t cause other problems, but you might be able to install that one script depending on your skill level.

Every time you modify things you get a little farther from normal, so consider installing antiX 19 and copying the antiX 17 system to it.

Backup anything you are messing with before touching anything, please.

Copy, from the antiX 19 system the script /usr/local/bin/icewm-toolbar-icon-manager.sh to your antiX 17 system, make sure that script is executable and run it. It should work on any antiX IceWM system

Hi PPC,

Thanks.

I will try that.

I am using jwm, so I may have to switch desktops to experience this. Is there a similar script for the other window managers that might be customized in the same way? (I will check, but I if there is a difference, it is worthwhile asking.)

stevesr0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.