Cannot send private messages

Forum Forums Administration Site Help Cannot send private messages

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Aug 23-10:31 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Xecure

Hi all. Today I bring a special question related to the forum behavior.

Today I realized I cannot send private messages in the forum. Is this the intended behavior now (possibly because of spammers)? Or is my account the only one that has this issue?

Thanks and sorry for disturbing.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Hi! It is not intended behaviour.
    I hope this is just a glitch.
    @users – To test, send me a pm

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

I just sent you a test message, anticapitalista. It does NOT appear in the conversation log.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2018

calciumsodium
    Helpful
    Up

I cannot send a private message either. I sent one to @Xecure and @anticapitalista. Like @christophe, those messages do not appear in the conversation log.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

I also tried to send a private message to the anti-capitalist and no message appears.

Eu também tentei enviar uma mensagem privada para o anticapitalista e não aparece mensagem.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Helpful
    Up

Another note; More on the admin side. There are complaints of various messages in the spam filter I have noticed. However every time I check the spam filter I see no messages logged.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

We need a volunteer to help Karen choose and set up another version. Any volunteers preferably in the US (as is Karen)?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I’m in the USA and I can help, though I am not always available immediately. I can usually respond within 24-48 hours. If that’s OK, count me in.

If someone else has a more immediate availability I’m happy to either defer to them or provide additional assistance as needed.

Brian

Brian Masinick

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks Brian – send me an email to anticapitalista AT riseup DOT net and I’ll get you in touch with Karen.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Helpful
    Up

Is the plan to use the same wordpress software but a different version or also a different software?

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I volunteered; Karen Bennett sent me this:

“…
    The current PM plugin, bbPress Messages, is very old and I think this latest core update of WordPress left it unusable. And it seems the developer is awol. I never used the bbPress Messages on the forum. So I do not know exactly what functionality you did have.

There were other people on the BBPress forum looking for a replacement. There were two options suggested:

bp-better-messages

front-end-pm

I want to try the bp-better-messages first. It has been updated to work with the newest version of WordPress. front-end-pm is a version behind but may catch up. We can try it, if we see bp-better-messages is lacking.
    …”

Brian Masinick

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.