Can’t access BIOS / UEFI

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Can’t access BIOS / UEFI

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Aug 16-1:52 am by BobC.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kaye

Hello!

Is there anything I can do within antiX that would allow me to be able to access the UEFI again?

When I boot, it goes straight to GRUB. I no longer see the screen where I can press DEL key to enter BIOS.

My system got messed up after I upgraded my MX-linux, which is on the same hard drive as antiX.

Also, in GRUB, I can no longer choose MX-linux by pressing the arrow keys (up and down)

Thank you for your time.

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by kaye.
      sybok

I can no longer choose MX-linux by pressing the arrow keys

Is it A) missing or B) time interval to select is too short?
        Check file ‘/etc/default/grub’ whether it contains the following line:
        A)
        GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false
        If it does not, add it and run
        sudo update-grub2
        OR (not quite sure which…)
        sudo update-grub
        B)
        GRUB_TIMEOUT=<integer value, e.g. 5>
        If not, add it with an appropriate integer value (the configuration file on currently used installation contains value 5); if it does, increase the integer value.

PPC

Is there anything I can do within antiX that would allow me to be able to access the UEFI again?

When I boot, it goes straight to GRUB. I no longer see the screen where I can press DEL key to enter BIOS.

My system got messed up after I upgraded my MX-linux

As far as I know no OS problem can affect access to UEFI/BIOS menu – that’s done on the hardware level, and has nothing to do with your hard drive contents.
          For example- if you unplug your hard drive, you can still access the UEFI/BIOS menu.
          As far as I know, only firmware updates can change that UEFI/BIOS menu.
          Are you sure you are not confusing that computer with another one that displayed the “Press Del key” warning? I had one that did not present that warning, once (I’m not sure if that warning was disabled from the BIOS or if it was meant to be that way).

On not being able to select MX, please try what Sybok recommended.

P.

linuxdaddy

Hello kaye,

If you are sure it is the delete key to enter the bios, try
            holding the delete key down when turning the computer on. It should
            go right into the bios.

If you select advanced options in grub, is MX listed?

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added a question
            BobC

And if not sure its the delete key, check the manufacturers website for what key it is, and do as linuxdaddy suggested.

Daily driver distro https://www.antixforum.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.