ceni instead of connman

Forum Forums General Software ceni instead of connman

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by anticapitalista Nov 5-6:02 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    anamesa

Hello,
    I’ve installed antiX 19, and it works nice, but I have a specific problem: connman doesn’t work with openvpn out of the box.
    I have configuration scripts for openvpn, which worked with ceni, in previous version antiX 17. Now I cannot connect via VPN.
    Since connman doesn’t work out of the box with openvpn, but needs some configuration files in /var/lib/connman-vpn, which I’m unable to write, I wish to continue to use ceni, but in the release anouncement of antiX 19 it says that ceni is in conflict with connman, so if I install ceni, then possibly I get error messages from connman, and may not be able to connect. If I unistall connman before, I won’t be able to connect to the internet to download ceni. What should I do?
    Is it OK if I install ceni, then uninstall connman and then try to configure my connections with ceni?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Install ceni first and set it up. After removing connman, you probably need to symlink /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf to /etc/resolv.conf

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

anamesa

Thank you for the prompt reply, I’ll do as advised.

anamesa

Install ceni first and set it up. After removing connman, you probably need to symlink /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf to /etc/resolvconf

Hi anticapitalista,
    I tried what you said, but could not connect.
    But today I found out what happened.
    You wrote exactly what is in the quote above.
    But what you meant was (just the commands):
    symlink /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf to /etc/resolv.conf
    There is a “.” missing in your suggestion, and that makes all the difference 🙂
    Anyway, now it’s OK, and thanks.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

I’ll fix my typo – glad it works for you.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.