Changing position of login panel

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Jul 25-3:40 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Renegade Apprentice

Hey Everyone!

I have changed the background for the Slim DM, but now want the position of the login panel. I can find in the Arch Wiki about what values to are needed for positioning it in the center of the background are, which will be helpful when I can find where the config files are located. I’ve found various scripts for Slim in various folders, but nothing I can find relating to the positioning of the login panel. Anyone have any idea where I need to look? Thx

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Get which is the current slim theme with
    cat /etc/slim.conf | grep "current_theme" | awk '{print $2}'
    It will probably be the antiX theme.
    with that, you can find the theme in /usr/share/slim/themes/ and inside the theme folder (probably antiX folder), you can edit the slim.theme file.
    You need to change the variables

input_panel_x           9%
    input_panel_y           10%

If wanting the panel at the middle of the screen, both variables should be set at 50%.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Renegade Apprentice
    Helpful
    Up

Solved

I had seen that file before, but when I had clicked on it then, it didn’t open. Since it looked different from the other files, I assumed it wasn’t to be opened, so didn’t retry to open it. This time it opened right up. Thx so much. Is that info somewhere I could find? I looked around in the documentation & didn’t see anything relating to it. Anyways, Thx again.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

There are one or two forum threads on it, but I cannot find them right now. In most cases we redirect t the arch wiki, as they have a very nice article on slim, as you have already seen.

Regards.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

I redid the position of the Slim login panel to top left corner, but not sure if that is in 19.4, might be starting in Bullseye 21. People with 2 screens were having trouble because the login was split between the 2 screens and had a 50% chance of the left half being on the right side and right half being on the left side depending on how the monitors were connected.

PS: I had attached the files in a zip on the thread, post 48674.
    https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/login-manager/page/6/#post-48674

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by BobC.
    seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

I got help on this topic earlier this year. Here’s my topic:

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/login-entry-fields-not-visible-with-two-monitors/

Seaken64

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.