Checking in and saying hello

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Checking in and saying hello

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Nov 19-12:38 pm by fatmac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    noordinaryspider

I just wanted to say excellent work on AntiX-17, which is running beautifully off a live DVD on my Thinkpad T20 right now with IceWM and all the defaults, much to my surprise and delight.

I’m looking forward to seeing what else you’ve been up to since I was running this distro regularly. I am just an “average joe” with no employment history or formal education in IT but enough experience to have opinions and preferences. Systemd isn’t working for me, but Devuan hasn’t been a great fit. I feel too much like a pesky fly to ask some of the questions that come up because of holes in my abilities that do need to be addressed, but are inevitable with any sort of extended autodidacticism.

My own needs are modest and I prefer old Thinkpads, either librebooted or too old to even need librebooting. I also help various friends and family members to use Gnu/Linux instead of proprietary software.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and becoming a contributing member of this community.

Gnu/Linux user #387554 (since 2005-4-17) with old thinkpads and a strong preference for free-as-in-freedom over proprietary software.

Having loved and dabbled in antiX for a long time, I find that I still have so very much to learn and that learning is so very enjoyable.

jdmeaux1952
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

Welcome and Howdy from Cajun Country down in the swamps of Louisiana. Anti and the others have provided us “ordinary Joes” with a distro that simply works. And that is what matters. Now we can take those older machines out of mothballs and get them going again like they should be used.

Its ALIVE!

The Kernel has my back covered.
    AMD desktop FX-8320 ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 nVidia GeForce 730 GT 8 Gb memory
    MSI laptop S6000 i5-460M 4 Gb ram

A great mind is something to get terribly wasted.
    LRU# 563815

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome to the small world of antiX linux. Enjoy your stay.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

noordinaryspider
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know you and antiX-17 better over the next few days, weeks, and months.

Gnu/Linux user #387554 (since 2005-4-17) with old thinkpads and a strong preference for free-as-in-freedom over proprietary software.

Having loved and dabbled in antiX for a long time, I find that I still have so very much to learn and that learning is so very enjoyable.

fatmac
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome aboard. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.