Cinnamon crashing when copying files?

Forum Forums General Software Cinnamon crashing when copying files?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by rokytnji Feb 3-10:14 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

shadow

I’m having a strange issue with antiX, I’m currently using cinnamon as a desktop environment because I’m screwing around with themes and whatnot.
    I copy files either from my desktop or to my desktop (drag & drop) from anywhere inside antiX and my virtual machine logs out? I’m highly confused,
    this doesn’t happen with xfce or any other desktop environment. I also noticed if I try to open discord it does the same thing, it crashes and logs me out LOL?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by shadow.
    noClue
    noClue

Maybe so half off-topic, but just out of personal interest:

1. What’s the point of installing Cinnamon in antiX?

2. If it’s because of antiX’s Debian base, that’s not a valid reason.

3. Do you expect, you may actually ‘self-bake’ some better ‘Cinnamon experience’?

Installing Cinnamon in antiX negates the reason for its existence.

Cinnamon will pull all Gnome3 dependencies with it.

Whatever comes out, it’ll be away from ‘light’.

As I said, just out of personal interest.

How strange is to be anything at all. (Alice in Wonderland)

shadow

Well to be honest with you I like the feel of antiX but me being a giant troll naturally I saw it as Anti “X” so my original thought was “well I know xfce like its the back of my hand” So just memeing up the place I decided to install it. Xfce works flawlessly with AntiX. My idea was to theme AntiX to look like windows xp, windows 7, or windows 10 because I love trolling tech support scammers, I have all the appropriate themes and icon sets to do so. I figured it would look better on cinnamon so I installed that and it does look 10x better on cinnamon, however those issues still persist with the random logging out. When I first got AntiX (I never used any fluxbox variant before) I started using Space-fluxbox,
    I hate fluxbox, its like a downgraded version of puppy linux – the basic function menus. It took me 3 hours and running around on random sites to figure out you need to press cntrl alt backspace to even logout LOL k. I sort of like rox-icewm as it atleast has a basic menu, I have used i3 before and I’d rather use that than space-fluxbox. I’m sort of getting off topic here but I know antiX is based off of MX linux which includes systemd (it is disabled by default) , the question I’m having is why hasn’t antiX released a desktop specifically for bleeding edge newer hardware? while I understand having systemd in a nutshell is dogshit for older hardware because of the virtualization based development but it would be nice to see a beefy antiX, and NO do not use systemd I’m just saying its 2019 most pc’s can run basic desktop environments. No, I didn’t install cinnamon because antiX was debian based, I installed it because I was confused why gnome itself wouldn’t even work until I realized…….
    PS: if you think the included environments with antiX are in any way “beautiful or elegant” you’re wrong, they are dogshit, they look like a shitty dub of windows 95″
    NOT TO MENTION YOU’RE STILL USING SLIM LOL WHEN’S THE LAST TIME THAT HAS BEEN UPDATED? #Insert vuln’s here
    I’ll keep my ass on arch and call it a day.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by shadow.

skidoo

Keeping this reply lighthearted b/c OP upfront acknowledged its trollishness…

I hate fluxbox, its like a downgraded version of puppy linux – the basic function menus.

I agree. I’ll also point out that you’re not required to use the stock fluxbox menu; PLENTY of alternative menu widgets exist.

It took me 3 hours and running around on random sites to figure out you need to press cntrl alt backspace to even logout LOL

Even with the LOL disclaimer, this is a ridiculous claim nonsense.

I know antiX is based off of MX linux

Nope.

why hasn’t antiX released a desktop specifically for bleeding edge newer hardware?

The more important question:
    Why hasn’t Janet Jackson replied to any of my thousands of emails?

if you think the included environments with antiX are in any way “beautiful or elegant” you’re wrong, they are dogshit, they look like a shitty dub of windows 95″

Check a dictionary ~~ elegant.
    Yes, I absolutely consider my fluxbox environment to be “elegant”.

NOT TO MENTION YOU’RE STILL USING SLIM LOL WHEN’S THE LAST TIME THAT HAS BEEN UPDATED #Insert vuln’s here

lookit, updated last Tuesday (more or less) by me: https://gitlab.com/skidoo/slim-antix
    The linked codebase is not the exact version currently shipped by antiX, but I’m confident in saying:
    SLiM is a mature, feature complete project, with ZERO known vulnerabilities / CVEs.

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

LOL> ^^^^^^^^^.

NOT TO MENTION YOU’RE STILL USING SLIM LOL WHEN’S THE LAST TIME THAT HAS BEEN UPDATED? #Insert vuln’s here
    I’ll keep my ass on arch and call it a day.

Closed.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cinnamon crashing when copying files?’ is closed to new replies.