CLI Remaster

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Nov 20-11:57 pm by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The latest core and net iso’s work.

I tried to make a custom version of a core.iso.

I tried the remaster.sh script, but at the end it said:

remaster.sh line 402: isohybrid: command not found.

I tried installing it from testing Debian, but it wasn’t found.

What I am doing is installing espeak and espeakup to produce a talking CLI for blind people.

Any help would be welcome.[

Regards,

David

Forum Admin
      dolphin_oracle

I think its in the syslinux-utils package, which I would have thought was installed but maybe not on core. should be added as a depend though.

Anonymous

I couldn’t solve it, so I’m trying a to install to USB with persistence. I have it talking but then I got fancy and made errors.

What’s your suggestion for making a custom CD my friend could install in his computer?

Anonymous

tried to make a custom version of a core.iso

Until you are expert, spare yourself some grief. Use “base” version, not net or core.
            MANY other packages you’ll probably want/need will be absent from net or core, and you’ll run in circles trying to figuring things out.

remaster.sh line 402: isohybrid: command not found.

I tried installing it from testing Debian, but it wasn’t found.

Just rechecked, syslinux-utils (provides isolinux, as d_o mentioned) is preinstalled in only in “base” and “full” versions
            http://github.com/antiX-Linux/Build-iso/blob/master/Template/base-AND-full/package.list

“Not found” when you tried installing from debian… suggests that you had not yet performed apt update.
            sudo apt update && sudo apt-get install syslinux-utils

Anonymous

“isohybrid” was the error message. Core must not have syslinux-utils installed, and I didn’t know the name of the package that supplied it.

Installing base or full is very complicated, because I would have to uninstall every X graphical package.

It’s much easier going from core.

Everything is working, I just have to find a way to take my installation and make a Live CD. My USB stick comes up talking with espeak and espeakup using Voice=en-us.

I mostly screw up when I install emacs, emacspeak, I was installing them from GIT because the features my friend needs (BARD Library interface) are only in versions not in Debian. Both emacs and emacspeak have to be installed from GIT.

Many blind users like keyboard use rather that using a mouse with speaking feedback (pin the tail on the donkey game played with a mouse.) mutt mail, goobook (address book links to Google contacts), pianobar (Spotify), lynks, elinks, w3m browsers, oysttyer (Twitter cli) &c. Antiword and pdf2text (poppler-utils) convert files to text.

Thanks,

D

Anonymous

we need to wait for someone else to respond, I don’t know which commandline-only tools are recommended for creating a bootable CD

Forum Admin
                anticapitalista

I couldn’t solve it, so I’m trying a to install to USB with persistence. I have it talking but then I got fancy and made errors.

What’s your suggestion for making a custom CD my friend could install in his computer?

Run live with persistence on usb stick, install what you want, then use remaster. For live use, do not use remaster.sh, but live-remaster as root. (in fact i should remove remaster.sh as it has not been tested/used for several years and is not working. We swithced to using iso-snapshot – gui only though.)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Anonymous

We switched to using iso-snapshot – gui only

here’s a new commandline-only iso creation utility, ready for testing and feedback
                    https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/isofromlive-a-commandline-utility-creates-an-iso-of-a-running-live-system/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.