Command line install wont work

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Command line install wont work

Tagged: 

• This topic has 19 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Feb 28-4:00 pm by jfUd3X5Oh4C5.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to install ANtix onto my laptop from a DVD and when I go to install, instead of bringing me to a live environment it brings me to cmd install and when I try to do that it wont work.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Tardisusers213.

problem

XecureXecure

No information provided of the machine you are trying to install antiX to or the antiX version and edition you want installed.
    On the live system, run this command and make a photo and attach it to your next post.
    inxi -Fxz

problem
    I am trying to install it on a HP Pavilion ze-4258 using antix 19.3 base

XecureXecure

For this system, you can either try booting in “Safe Video Mode” (second/third option in the Boot Menu, if I remember correctly), and see if it can boot to a graphical interface, or you could try your luck with the Legacy ISO I built for problematic and old video drivers.

I cannot see the image you attached. Does your machine have 256MBs or 1GB of RAM? The more, the better.

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

Since a beginner. Kinda wondering why full iso was not picked.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

I have tried safe video mode too and it also brings up this screen. I have 1gb ram and when I try to upload a picture it gives me this error “IMG_20210213_124546.jpg: File not uploaded.” I will try out your iso now thanks.

pretty sure it said base would work better on lower-spec systems

your iso on safe video mode got it to boot into a gui. ill try to install it now

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Tardisusers213.
    XecureXecure

If you can get it installed, please share with us the terminal output of:
    inxi -Fxz
    so we can see how antiX is detecting your hardware.

It is a ow powered system, so don’t expect too much out of the Operating System. Let us know how it runs for you.

I put the DVD of your iso into the pc and it installed perfectly using safe video mode and now boots into the OS with no issues.Seems to be running faster than what it was on windows XP. Thanks a lot

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Tardisusers213.
    XecureXecure

Thanks for letting us know you got it to work. In many cases, antiX does run a bit faster than Windows XP.

Just for our curiosity, would you mind sharing the terminal output of
    inxi -Fxz

It helps us know how far the system will work with old hardware (and also others with similar specs may benefit with your experience).

Regards.

I’ll try it out as soon as I can fix the power cable which keeps turning the pc off when I try to do something on it

also while I’m here can I ask to see if there is a fix to pale moon non-sse2 and for other web browsers to stop crashing after startup? or in some cases after loading webpages (I installed them from the package installer btw)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Tardisusers213.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.