Congratulations!

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Congratulations!

• This topic has 60 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated Oct 27-9:00 am by kievlak.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    ileile

the edit button must be on a timer at this user end; i saw it for a while, it disappears. for this bbcode amateur this is a recipe for disaster. allready messed up. and cannot correct. is there a page for most recent posts? not the recent topics one. can you sort newest topic post at top of topic instead of bottom? i cannot.

Forum Admin

I greatly appreciate the effort put into presenting the forum and posts in an easy to read format. For some users clarity and contrast are important. The current fashion for dark themes on websites and desktops can make life more difficult than it needs to be.

On a different matter…
    Before registering with the new forum, I browsed the posts as a guest. When doing this the graphic image files attached to posts cannot be seen. Instead a message is displayed “You must be logged in to view attached files.” This will be a barrier for users who use the distro but not the forum. Is it possible to set up the forum to show images to both guests and logged in users i.e. the same as in the old forum?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

SamK – Show images for guests should work now.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin

SamK – Show images for guests should work now.

They do.

Forum Admin
    richbrichb

Darn, hit the wrong key and trashed ile’s handshake. My apologies ile. And a hearty handshake back to you. The site does look very good. However the faint post actions bar text got me, large monitor and poor contrast with it.

AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 Home built desktop, Acer Aspire V2-572G-6679 Optimus laptop
    LG V10 phone

ileile

hello richb. handshake with You too. good start.
    hello everyone.

ileile

all right richb. ! while we are hi fiving how about a high hand touch up here where if the reply is hit on a post[op] does it indent? and if that works where do we put the hugs? let’s see if placement indent or at last slot… … okay it hit last slot not indent below first post.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by ile.
    Forum Admin
    richbrichb

Indent check

Yes it does if you use the reply button in the bar above the post.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by richb.

AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 Home built desktop, Acer Aspire V2-572G-6679 Optimus laptop
    LG V10 phone

ileile

(well my first test was hit reply on your first post #498 and now that reply word is gray. it set at last post. this time was hit reply on your indented post #590. will it indent again? … there. not double indent but sub With yours.

Forum Admin
    richbrichb

It does grey but it is still usable. Strange anomaly. I believe it will indent to my reply. Give it a try.

LG V10 phone

ileile

high hand touch on reply at 498 again.
    well it went out again to left. predictions yet to learn. and gotta edit in a hurry because edit period expires. and the gray might mean link used color and is okay or it might mean that the system reminds you that control of the reply thread has passed to another created post.

ileile

handshake on reply button on number 594
    richb was the first person I ever talked to on the forums. … richb got me signed-up.
    YA ! now this one parallel parked.

ileile

on reply at 507 to say We have the same phone. lgV10. put it into your signature then?
    i did not hit reply at 505 is this where we say I have seen it on edge okay. 8-|
    okay it cut in so far everywhere but not the first post. you admins probably have a setting to read indented or read only by time. it teaches me to not want to read this way but posting into a slot might sometimes keep quotes smaller with continuity.

Forum Admin
    richbrichb

Nesting is set to 2 levels deep. It can be increased. I will discuss with the powers that be. Editing time has also been increased.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by richb.

LG V10 phone

Forum Admin
    DaveDave

Is there a way to set it to unlimited like other forums? Or is there a reason for limiting the editing time?

Edit: I now see the edit button 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Dave.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.