Conky only appears on first desktop [update]

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-16 “Berta Cáceres” Conky only appears on first desktop [update]

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by roland May 6-3:37 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    roland
    roland

I have been unable to locate previous posts regarding this known problem and am obliged to create a new topic for this update. I have observed that it only affects the 64-bit release, the 32-bit release being unaffected. I have only 64-bit PCs here in Spain, but when I travelled to UK to install 16.2 on the 32-bit PC I use there, Conky was visible on all desktops, five in my particular instance. I hope this may provide a clue to resolving this minor issue. On 64-bit PCs I reserve the 1st desktop for Htop and Conky, and 2-5 for applications.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Dave

Yes I have seen this before and most typically it is because conky starts to early and then is in “window mode”. My first attempt to try and resolve the issue would be to increase the startup delay in ~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

roland
    roland

I tried increasing the delay to 10 seconds, this has no effect, Conky is only on the desktop that is current when conky loads. Seems to me it would be better to have conky load sooner than later ? It’s such a useful tool.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.