conky only available on first workspace

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-16 “Berta Cáceres” conky only available on first workspace

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by skidoo May 2-11:46 am.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    roland
    roland

I have not migrated up to release 17 yet but am thinking about it, is this problem there also ?

male
    male

What “problem”?
    The thread you opened here concerns a setting in the conkyrc configuration file. If this is too complicated for you, migrate to MX. There you have a “klicky-bunty-Software”, called Conky-Manager, which suits your interest.

caprea
    caprea

After reading the thread again, nobody mentioned .conkyrc is a hidden file in your home folder.
    There you have to add sticky like it was answered by male in post 14251.

male
    male

Danke, caprea!

roland
    roland

My $home folder does not contain .conkyrc, the only hidden stuff in there is .icewm which is a folder containing toolbar_settings. But I simply run conky in a terminal if I want to see activity in a desktop that doesn’t show it. But moving up to Heather Heyer on one of my PCs seems to have eradicated the trouble anyway.

thedaemon
    thedaemon

I installed 17 fresh. This problem is still there. The default behavior of it only being on 1 virtual desktop doesn’t seem logical.

noClue
    noClue

@the daemon: I can confirm it. Interesting: exactly the same .conkyrc & .conkyrc-lua are used on antiX 19. In 19, Conky will show up on both desktops.

How strange is to be anything at all. (Alice in Wonderland)

skidoo

default behavior of it only being on 1 virtual desktop

It is a quirk specific to iceWM only, right? Conky is present across all fluxbox and all JWM desktops by default (unless running a min-* session variant)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.