Connecting to the Internet Using antiX-19.3_x64-base.iso

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Connecting to the Internet Using antiX-19.3_x64-base.iso

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Apr 30-1:47 pm by fatmac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This is similar to a question I had last year, but I can’t find the post.

Getting online seems a little convoluted, but I’m OK with the process. So in testing this release, I boot the USB stick using the above ISO, then execute the following:

rfkill unblock wlan0
    sudo killall wpa_supplicant

Then I proceed to execute Ceni from the control panel. After a successful “run-parts”, I can execute

ping 192.168.1.254

and all packets get through. But

ping yahoo.com

gets nowhere, and launching Firefox-ESR doesn’t connect to the Internet.

What am I doing wrong?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Wifi with connman – antiX 19.2

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

capreacaprea

It’s not nessecary anymore to do the changes manually if you want to switch from connman to ceni, like it was your problem one year ago.
    If you want to switch from connman to ceni or vice versa, you can now use the antix-wifi-switcher.

menu > applications > antiX > antix-wifi-switcher

The wifi-switcher ensures that the necessary configurations are written.So please use the wifi-switcher.

At the moment, connman seems to be the only tool which works. WiFi Switch didn’t appear to do anything.

I’m not trying to be negative here. It’s OK, I can get online, that’s all that matters.

fatmacfatmac

I used to get the occasional wifi setup problem too, (it used to work fine with ceni, before connman), but now I just click on ‘wifi’ twice, in the connman gui, wait a couple of seconds for all available connections, then go to ‘Wireless’, & set it up.

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.