Connman System Tray translated for whom

Forum Forums antiX-development Translations Connman System Tray translated for whom

• This topic has 26 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Nov 27-4:57 pm by PPC.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Wallon

Dear developers,

I just noticed that Rantanplan has “Connman System Tray” in French with its installation in LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8.

With my installation in LANG=fr_BE.UTF-8, “Connman System Tray” is in English.

I am jealous. Do I have to pay to have Connman System Tray in French?

Best regards,
      Wallon

Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

Next update of cmst will include fr_BE

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Wallon

Thank you.

Wallon

Well received. It’s so good … in French

Robin

Many thanks Wallon for making aware of this issue.
              The main problem here is antiX obviously dosesn’t make sure to have populated all the two significant letter language Identifiers in the first place, before populating the region specific ones.

“fr_FR” should have been “fr”, so you’d have seen at least a french translation at all.

As long as “fr” is not populated, while the translations sit in “fr_FR”, all the other “fr” language subsets as “fr_CA” and “fr_CH” will have to ask just like you whether special payment is needed to have it in french…

And this basic concept goes for all languages and all resources.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Wallon

Dear Robin,

That’s why I opened the fr_BE translations for antiX and MX Linux because we already noticed this problem for the GRUB build in French fr_BE for the new antiX21.

Marcelocripe and I also raised the problem on the MX Linux forum.

I discovered this by reading the documentation translated into French by Rantanplan who uses a fr_FR installation.

Now, if I don’t want to pay anymore … I have to move with my whole family and go live in Paris! There, I will always have all my softwares in French.

Best regards,
                Wallon

Robin

Dear Wallon,
                  many thanks, for puting your finger on this issue. I have checked now in German language, and guess what: Nothing is translated at all in this program for me in antiX 22 (updated from an 21), see attached screenshot. Will need to find out whether there are existing translations at all, or whether they simply didn’t make it into antiX 22 still (or maybe they are missing only when upgrading from 21? I have not checked before updating to 22 whether it was translated before).
                  So, following your kind invitation from another thread, here my report:

– Also German language is missing for this program in antiX 22.

(I’m pretty sure it was perfectly fine translated in antiX 19 still, otherwise I’d have written here before. Will check when I boot up to this version next time, maybe my recollection betrays me.)

Kind regards
                  Robin

Forum Admin
                  anticapitalista

There must be something wrong with the source de translations or they are incomplete.

http://github.com/andrew-bibb/cmst/blob/master/translations/cmst_de_DE.ts

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Robin

Many thanks, anticapitalista! Yes, this file you’ve linked to looks mostly untranslated at all. Page search for the string “unfinished” comes up with more than 1000 results… And some more where the English original string was simply copied 1:1 to the translation. Did I miss this resource on transifex, or is it elswhere? Looks like another thick hard board to drill (still stuck in searchmonkeys tranlations)

I checked the /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/ folder, but no cmst or connman is present there. So I tried to find this .ts in the installed system, but it seems I can’t locate it. Was it renamed in some way or compiled to something different? Some few translations are present in this program, so I assume somewhere must be hidden a translation file for it.

marcelocripe

Did I miss this resource on transifex, or is it elswhere?

It is not on Transifex and can be translated at http://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/icewm/icewm-1-4-branch/ or http://github.com/andrew-bibb/cmst/blob/master/translations/, which is why I always try to keep the URLs available in the topic antiX and antiX Application Program Translation Platforms so that all translators can quickly find antiX native programs and keep them with the latest translations. The CMST has been updated by Andrew Bibb and its texts have been modified about 2 or 3 times since the version used in antiX 19. Several languages did not follow these changes, so they are incomplete or translations do not exist. I also don’t know where the CMST translations are stored in antiX.

– – – – –

Did I miss this resource on transifex, or is it elswhere?

Não está no Transifex e pode ser traduzido no (o URL está no texto em idioma Inglês) ou no (o URL está no texto em idioma Inglês), e é por isso que eu tento manter sempre atualizado os URLs disponíveis no tópico antiX and antiX Application Program Translation Platforms para que todos os tradutores possam encontrar rapidamente os programas nativos do antiX e mantê-los com as traduções mais recentes. O CMST foi atualizado pelo senhor Andrew Bibb e teve modificações nos seus textos cerca de 2 ou 3 vezes desde a versão utilizada no antiX 19. Vários idiomas não acompanharam estas modificações, por isso estão incompletas ou não existem as traduções. Eu também não sei onde ficam armazenadas no antiX as traduções do CMST.

Robin

OK, many thanks, Marcelo! I’ve just downloaded the translation from the developers site anticapitalista had already pointed to, and tried to open it. I noticed poedit can’t handle this .ts file type, and it is way to big for doing all the translation when opening it in geany, between all the code fragments of the file format itself. So I installed linguist, which is said to be able to manage these files:
                          $ sudo apt-get install linguist-qt6 qt6-translations-l10n
                          You won’t find an entry in antiX menu for this program at all, and its binary is also not present in default places where you’d look for binaries (/bin, /usr/local/bin etc.) and also no .desktop file present in /usr/share/applications or elsewhere.. But since there must be a way to start this, tried some possible names of its binary, and I searched, and searched, and searched. … And found finally.

You can start it simply by typing in roxterm:
                          $ /usr/lib/qt6/bin/linguist

OK, it works (looks more like a database software than an efficient translation screen…but at least it allows translation), so I’m going to start the translation. Will try to translate the most visible strings of GUI first, these are needed most. But wait! I still have to complete this Searchmonkey thing first… 🙂

Kind regards
                          Robin

marcelocripe

Wallon, please look at the URLs above, there is no fr_BE language file on GitHub and OpenSuse. Copy the fr file and make the necessary changes for your language and then send it to Mr Andrew Bibb.
                            – – – – –

Wallon, por favor, olhe para os URLs acima, não existe o arquivo do idioma fr_BE no GitHub e no OpenSuse. Copie o arquivo fr e faça as alterações necessárias para o seu idioma e depois envie para o senhor Andrew Bibb.

Wallon

Dear Robin, Dear Marcelocripe

Yes, I also noticed on the GHITHUB site that there is no translation for fr_Be. But this is also the problem for “fr_CA” or “fr_CH”. So, the GITHUB site manager has to make a “fr” file by himself to get the translation in all French localizations. I noticed that it is the same for English. There is no en_UK for example on the GITHUB site. I’m not familiar with the OpenSuse site for extracting a po file. I don’t know how to make this po file and send it to andrew-bibb who won’t understand that fr_BE doesn’t get the translation! I also know that anticapitalista is probably forced to convert the fr_FR file to give the fr_BE translation.

Translators are discouraged to translate the cmst project. It looks like a programming language. We don’t know what to translate. I put a screenshot of the website to make sure there is no confusion about which cmst project to translate for antiX.

How do you translate a string like this, is there anything to translate?

<html><head/><body><p><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">Type of authentication used with OpenConnect. Applicable values are:</span></p><p><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; font-weight:600; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">cookie - </span><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">basic cookie based authentication.</span></p><p><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; font-weight:600; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">cookie_with_userpass</span><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;"> - the credentials are used to retrieve the connection cookie, which hides the username from commandline.</span></p><p><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; font-weight:600; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">userpass </span><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">- username and password are used.</span></p><p><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; font-weight:600; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">publickey - r</span><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">equires CACert and UserPrivateKey to be set.</span></p><p><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; font-weight:600; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">pkcs</span><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;"> - uses the PKCSClientCert and requests password input.</span></p><p><br/></p><p><span style=" font-family:'monospace'; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff;">Defaults to &quot;cookie&quot;</span></p></body></html>

What a mess!
                              Thanks to both of you if you could help me with this project.

Kind regards,
                              Wallon

marcelocripe

Dear Wallon.

Yes, I also noticed on the GHITHUB site that there is no translation for fr_Be. But this is also the problem for “fr_CA” or “fr_CH”. So, the GITHUB site manager has to make a “fr” file by himself to get the translation in all French localizations.

Go to http://github.com/andrew-bibb/cmst/blob/master/translations/cmst_fr_FR.ts and click the “Copy raw contets” button, open Leafpad and paste the contents of the fr_FR file.

Change the code <TS version=”2.1″ language=”fr_FR”> to <TS version=”2.1″ language=”fr_BE”>, save the file with the name cmst_fr_BE.ts.

Or download the file “cmst_fr_BE_ts.txt” that I will send you with the extension .txt and change the extension to .ts. The name should be “cmst_fr_BE.ts”.

There is no en_UK for example on the GITHUB site.

I prefer to think that there are no en_UK, fr_BE, fr_CA and fr_CH files because there are no people interested in volunteering for the CMST.

I’m not familiar with the OpenSuse site for extracting a po file.

You won’t need to download anything from OpenSuse if you do what I explained above.

I don’t know how to make this po file and send it to andrew-bibb who won’t understand that fr_BE doesn’t get the translation!

Unlike the Celluloid and MPV programmers who refused to accept our .desktop file translations, Andrew Bibb was extremely kind to me, even though I cannot write in US English. Andrew Bibb accepts to receive translations via OpenSuse, GitHub or by email, so Wallon, you don’t have to worry about that. In the best case scenario, you register on GitHub and learn how to request a merge or send your translation file. Or if you prefer, register with OpenSuse following the guidelines I made in the topic antiX and antiX Application Program Translation Platforms, note the part of my text where I explain about “Crie sua conta em http://idp-portal.suse.com/univention/self-service/#page=createaccount&#8221;, as both IceWM and CMST use OpenSuse as their main translation platform, just don’t ask me why, because I won’t be able to explain.

I also know that anticapitalist is probably forced to convert the fr_FR file to give the fr_BE translation.

If the anti-capitalist does this, it won’t be good for Belgium users, because the fr_FR file is incomplete and without many translations. Look at the <translation type=”unfinished”></translation> lines. This indicates that it is not translated.

Translators are discouraged to translate the cmst project.

Sincerely, Wallon, after struggling as a volunteer translator translating various programs that are native to antiX, I can tell you that few programmers give any kind of value to our volunteer work. I got very disrespected on the MX Linux forum, Celluloid’s GitHub and MPV. Today I can understand why there are so many ramifications of the same program or a GNU/Linux distribution, this is due to a lack of respect between people and an arrogance on the part of some GNU/Linux project leaders. However, I do not believe that this is the case for the CMST, due to the respectful way in which Mr. Andrew Bibb treated me in the conversations I had with him.

It looks like a programming language. We don’t know what to translate.

You’re right, it looks a lot like a programming language, because it’s a programming language. To be more exact, they are the formatting of texts in the HTML language. But you don’t need to know how to program to translate, you need to understand that in both GitHub and OpenSuse formatting codes need to be kept in your translation. Please look at the pt-BR file, everything that is not in English language or formatting code is where you can translate to your language.

I put a screenshot of the website to make sure there is no confusion about which cmst project to translate for antiX.

This is not the correct URL. The correct address I indicated above has “icewm-1-4-branch”.

I ask you to look at the pt-BR file, but you translate the text:

Type of authentication used with OpenConnect. Applicable values ​​are:
                                cookie – basic cookie based authentication.
                                cookie_with_userpass – the credentials are used to retrieve the connection cookie, which hides the username from commandline.
                                userpass – username and password are used.
                                publickey – requires CACert and UserPrivateKey to be set.
                                pkcs – uses the PKCSClientCert and requests password input.
                                Defaults to "cookie"

What a mess!

As I’ve told you several times, communication here on the forum is very slow and is hampered by the spam program. I don’t have the patience to keep getting one of the “spam” or “*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***” messages.
                                Don’t forget that communication via HexChat is much faster and that you and Robin are in the same time zone and that I am 4 hours behind your time zone.

I hope this helps you with the fr_BE translation.

– – – – –

Caro Wallon.

Yes, I also noticed on the GHITHUB site that there is no translation for fr_Be. But this is also the problem for “fr_CA” or “fr_CH”. So, the GITHUB site manager has to make a “fr” file by himself to get the translation in all French localizations.

Acesse a página http://github.com/andrew-bibb/cmst/blob/master/translations/cmst_fr_FR.ts e clique no botão “Copy raw contets”, abra o Leafpad e cole o conteúdo do arquivo fr_FR.

Altere o código <TS version=”2.1″ language=”fr_FR”> para <TS version=”2.1″ language=”fr_BE”>, salve o arquivo com o nome cmst_fr_BE.ts.

Ou baixe o arquivo “cmst_fr_BE_ts.txt” que eu vou te enviar com a extensão .txt e altere a extensão para .ts. O nome deve ficar “cmst_fr_BE.ts”.

There is no en_UK for example on the GITHUB site.

Eu prefiro pensar que não há os arquivos en_UK, fr_BE, fr_CA e fr_CH porque não pessoas interessadas em ser tradutores voluntários para o CMST.

I’m not familiar with the OpenSuse site for extracting a po file.

Você não precisará baixar nada do OpenSuse se fizer o que eu te expliquei acima.

I don’t know how to make this po file and send it to andrew-bibb who won’t understand that fr_BE doesn’t get the translation!

Ao contrário dos programadores do Celluloid e do MPV que se recusaram a aceitar as nossas traduções para o arquivo .desktop, o senhor Andrew Bibb foi extremamente gentil comigo, mesmo eu não sabendo escrever em idioma Inglês US. O senhor Andrew Bibb aceita receber as traduções via OpenSuse, GitHub ou por e-mail, então Wallon, você não precisa se preocupar com isso. Na melhor das hipóteses, você faz o seu cadastro no GitHub e aprende a fazer pedido de mesclagem ou de envio do arquivo da sua tradução. Ou se preferir, faz o cadastro no OpenSuse seguindo as orientações que eu fiz o tópico antiX and antiX Application Program Translation Platforms, observe a parte do meu texto onde explico sobre “Crie sua conta em http://idp-portal.suse.com/univention/self-service/#page=createaccount&#8221;, pois tanto o IceWM quanto o CMST utilizam o OpenSuse como a sua principal plataforma de tradução, só não me pergunte o motivo, porque eu não saberei explicar.

I also know that anticapitalista is probably forced to convert the fr_FR file to give the fr_BE translation.

Se o anticapitalista fizer isso, não será bom para os usuários da Bélgica, porque o arquivo fr_FR está incompleto e sem várias traduções. Olhe para as linhas <translation type=”unfinished”></translation>. Isso indica que não está traduzido.

Translators are discouraged to translate the cmst project.

Sinceramente, Wallon, depois de lutar tanto como um tradutor voluntário traduzindo vários programas que são nativos do antiX, eu digo para você que são poucos os programadores que dão algum tipo de valor ao nosso trabalho voluntário. Eu fui muito desrespeitado no fórum do MX Linux, no GitHub do Celluloid e do MPV. Hoje eu consigo compreender porque existem tantas ramificações de um mesmo programa ou de uma distribuição GNU/Linux, isso ocorre devido a falta de respeito entre as pessoas e a uma arrogância por parte de alguns líderes de projetos do GNU/Linux. Contudo, eu não acredito que seja o caso do CMST, devido a forma respeitosa com a qual senhor Andrew Bibb me tratou nas conversas que tive com ele.

It looks like a programming language. We don’t know what to translate.

Você tem razão, se parece muito com linguagem de programação, porque é uma linguagem de programação. Para ser mais exato, são as formatações dos textos da linguagem HTML. Mas você não precisa saber programar para traduzir, você precisa compreender que tanto no GitHub quanto no OpenSuse os códigos de formatação precisam ser mantidos na sua tradução. Por favor, olhe para o arquivo pt-BR, tudo que não não estiver em idioma Inglês ou em código de formatação é onde você poderá traduzir para o seu idioma.

I put a screenshot of the website to make sure there is no confusion about which cmst project to translate for antiX.

Não é este o URL correto. O endereço correto eu indiquei acima e possui “icewm-1-4-branch”.

Eu peço que você olhe para o arquivo pt-BR, mas você traduz os texto:

Type of authentication used with OpenConnect. Applicable values are:
                                cookie – basic cookie based authentication.
                                cookie_with_userpass – the credentials are used to retrieve the connection cookie, which hides the username from commandline.
                                userpass – username and password are used.
                                publickey – requires CACert and UserPrivateKey to be set.
                                pkcs – uses the PKCSClientCert and requests password input.
                                Defaults to "cookie"

What a mess!

Como eu disse para você várias vezes, a comunicação aqui no fórum é muito lenta e é dificultada pelo programa de spam. Eu não tenho paciência em ficar recebendo uma das mensagens “spam” ou “*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***”.
                                Não se esqueça que a comunicação via HexChat é muito mais ágil e que você e o Robin estão no mesmo fuso horário e que eu estou atrasado em 4 horas do seu fuso horário.

Eu espero que isto te ajude com a tradução fr_BE.

marcelocripe

Here is the cmst_fr_BE_ts.txt file.

– – – – –

Aqui está o arquivo cmst_fr_BE_ts.txt.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.