Connman wireless not working in antiX 19.1 Full 32-bit

Forum Forums General Software Connman wireless not working in antiX 19.1 Full 32-bit

• This topic has 81 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated Jan 24-9:01 am by gf.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    masinickmasinick

Regarding the creation of tools, tips, and HOWTO documents, the documents in the antiX and MX libraries provide a good “model” to follow.

Brian Masinick

Thanks for the reassurance, Moddlt.
    The difference in the symlink was creating it in /run rather than in /etc directories

Attached is my workaround how-to document. Do you know how many people have reported the wireless issue?
    Thanks
    G
    PS I think *I* am your nightmare user Ha! Ha! : D

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by gf.

Hi Brian,
    By libraries, I assume you mean the antiX wiki?

Can I ask, from the main antiX Home page, the menu bar along the top, Documents, antiX Wiki,

Why does it go to this website (https://www.bestsevenreviews.com/best-linux-distros/?title=Main_Page)

instead of
    where it says it is going (http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Is that correct?
    Thanks
    G

Sorry should have been more precise. Not where you were linking to but the exact command used.

Did both use sudo or one sudo and one worked as root, or maybe something else differed.
    Still looking for some logical point of failure reason.

PS I think *I* am your nightmare user.
    You are very wrong, that one wants everyone to think and do everything for her. Real ass pain.

We are all on a learning journey together, for me that is what linux is about.

As to how many have reported wifi issues, not many I know of, real problem is how many hit the
    issue made there minds up antix 19 is crap then just moved on to a new distro which worked for them.

My guess is for every one who tried to get info between 30 and 50 moved on, maybe many more.

I had a hard time even registering for this forum. Endless captchas drove me nuts.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by ModdIt.

Why does it go to this website (hppts:\/wxw.bestsevenreviews.com/best-linux-distros/?title=Main_Page)

Sigh. Reported months ago, the link hasn’t been fixed.

Why == domain registration expired for the expected destination. Some domain squatter has re-registered, and set the DNS record to redirect to their spammy site.

As to how many have reported wifi issues, not many I know of

Really? I’m surprised to read this remark b/c based on forum help requests since antiX19 release, I would have guessed the top pain points have been

1) wireless configuration
    2) mounting and / or auto-mounting fixed drives
    3) enabling the firewall

Hi Moddlt,
    I have been including my step by steps by attaching documents for many things I’ve tried. In those documents, I list the exact commands I have used to create the symlinks. I will look them up and repost them. Both were sudo.

Is that user a real person? (*She* indicates you know her perhaps?)

Hi Skidoo,
    Thanks for the update on the links. Do know what Brian meant by “libraries”? Where do I look for an example of a How-to? Can you provide a link to one, please? I am happy to follow the format.

Thanks to both of you for your fast replies.
    : )
    G

Hi Moddlt,
    Here are the commands run to create the symlinks:

The one that worked and is retained and still active after reboot:
    sudo ln -s /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

The one that kept getting overwritten at re-boot:
    sudo ln -s -f /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

Difference is the /run instead of the /etc
    Hope this helps
    G

Hi again Skidoo,
    I asked about number of people affected, because if it’s not a lot, we could just send them a private message with the workaround, if they still want it.
    Just a thought
    Take care
    : )
    G

masinickmasinick

Hi gf, the main site for antiX, antixlinux.com, has videos, quick tips, frequently asked questions, (FAQ) and other helpful sources of information.

These documents provide the kind of details and information on various topics. If you believe you want to add anything else you may do so or collaborate with someone who has previously published information on this site.

Brian Masinick

masinickmasinick

Hi Brian,
    By libraries, I assume you mean the antiX wiki?

Can I ask, from the main antiX Home page, the menu bar along the top, Documents, antiX Wiki,

Why does it go to this website (https://www.bestsevenreviews.com/best-linux-distros/?title=Main_Page)

instead of
    where it says it is going (http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Is that correct?
    Thanks
    G

https://antixlinux.com/about/ and http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/docs-antiX-19/live-boot/index.html are examples of the informtion I’m thinking about. https://www.bestsevenreviews.com/best-linux-distros/ is NOT one of the sites I had in mind; I’m not familiar with it and cannot comment one way or the other, but it’s not an antiX site, that much I’m pretty sure of.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by masinick.

Brian Masinick

masinickmasinick

The best seven reviews site looks OK at first, but then it brings in unwanted popups; I’m not sure that it’s a good resource to visit because of this, and at worst it may be a spam magnet or worse, so I would not recommend it right now unless someone better maintains it in the future.

Brian Masinick

masinickmasinick

The antiX Wiki is also a potentially useful site. Dolphin Oracle has a lot of useful videos. He helps considerably with documentation, reviews, helpful videos and he may be assisting in development; in any case, he’s a very helpful resource.

Brian Masinick

PS I think *I* am your nightmare user Ha! Ha! : D

and I think you are simply a troll who entertains people to connman in two threads with a total of 12 pages…

capreacaprea

I was not able to get the “network-manager” application to work in antiX 19.1, running live on a DVD

Strange enough, I just tried it with a live-usb , just installed the two packages and the connman-connection was immediately cut off,and I could use nm-applet instead to connect.At which point were there problems ?
    Every connection that is listed in /etc/network/interfaces is not managed by the network-manager.So it shouldn’t show more like this:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

By the way, did you know that you can boot an usb-stick on older hardware if you first boot from the cd, plug in a live-stick, and select F4 from=usb in the boot screen – but the live-stick and the live-cd must have the same kernel installed. It might works for a base-cd and a full-usb-stick

Which brings me to the question, do you use base ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.