(Debian) systemd maintainers 'emotionally exhausted' :(

Forum Forums General Other Distros (Debian) systemd maintainers 'emotionally exhausted' :(

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Sep 22-6:03 am by male.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dghdgh

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/09/msg00001.html
    Cry me a river. Sounds like Captain Feelgood has a fresh bucket of crocodile tears and he’s greasing the skids in the torpedo bay; so much for Debian’s glowy, short-lived lies about ‘init diversity’. (Never believed them anyway.) Prepare for impact!

You just have to understand it the proper way.

Linux is a server OS and Linux on a desktop is an illusion.

Linux is still alive because of a few ‘big players’ needing and developing it.

(Almost) Everything that’s good in Linux world is financed by Apple, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle …

The rest of it consists of a hand full of barely usable applications and the big bunch of crap, made by some hobbyists.

The situation with systemd is not different. It’s not perfect, but it’s better.

fatmacfatmac

Systemd was conceived to make money for the big players to sell maintenance contracts, it is the equivalent of MS Registry, only a few people really understand how it works, it has been made complex to sell these contracts.

SysV has been, & still is, working perfectly, why change it – just to make money, that’s why.

Thankfully, the BSDs are not using systemd, & many really big concerns are using BSD to run their businesses.

Debian has sold out, no longer is it the distro of the people.

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

“Systemd was conceived to make money for the big players to sell maintenance contracts, it is the equivalent of MS Registry, only a few people really understand how it works, it has been made complex to sell these contracts.”

Well maybe, but … take a look at gconf-editor and dconf-editor … and editing /etc/something/somecrap.rc is also not that much easier (or harder) for anybody else except for “a few people (who) really understand”.

And about selling contracts/support plan, every serious company on this planet is paying for support, either directly or indirectly.

Either you pay for the contract or pay for your own support (== pay your very own support team).

That wasn’t different with (or in times of) any other init.

malemale

Unfortunately, some systemd opponents repeatedly misjudge that this beneficial invention only came into being because sysVinit was associated with old-age weakness lid. Only then did they start to maintain this init system again…

I love systemd and have already written once, first with systemd I understand my Linux! I don’t understand sysVinit. The main thing is that the people writing here understand it…

Yeah, and the hard impact won’t happen! lol

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by male.

Male is the capital of the Maldives and its wonderful people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.