[SOLVED] Desktop icons desappeared

Tagged: 

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Mar 21-8:41 pm by BobC.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lafricainlafricain

Hello,
    I create some shortcuts on my desktop using spacefm. My default desktop is space-icewm. But on but all the shortcuts icons disappeared. How to get it back?
    Thank you.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by BobC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrug
    ———————-v

What version of antiX are you running? Run the inxi command at the bottom of skidoo’s post, and upload the text here.

Open the file manager and look inside your /home/userid/Desktop folder.

ileile

is spacefm_desktop_manager running?

select menu >Desktop >Other Desktops >space-icewm
    click / enter the “space-icewm”
    tell us what happens.

to start spacefm desktop will show icon, if exist icon on spacefm_desktop_manager,
    in terminal command method to start,

spacefm --desktop

i know when spacefm is running i press space_[bar] key and spacefm opens.
    is spacefm –desktop running?

Attachments:

I saw your other post.

antiX is based on Debian, and Ubuntu applications or other PPA based software are not recommended.

I suggest you reinstall from scratch and add any needed applications from the Package installer. If the Package installer doesn’t have the application you need, use Synaptic to find and install the application you are looking for. Firefox, Libreoffice, and Synaptic are all available from the package installer. No PPAs are needed.

Personally, on older computers, I run the IceWM desktop and add icons for the programs I use all the time to my toolbar so my system saves the memory for the applications themselves.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by BobC.
    lafricainlafricain

select menu >Desktop >Other Desktops >space-icewm

It’s working! Thank you.
    I add:
    spacefm --desktop
    in control center -> session -> desktop session config, and now on boot it’s also working.

Ubuntu applications or other PPA based software are not recommended.

Yes, but the icons disappeared before I install this software. It’s only xiphos (a new version) and the ufr2 driver for canon printer. I installed the software and remove the ppa from the source.list.

Yes, your last clue would have led me to the same conclusion. I’m not sure what caused it to get changed, but glad it was something simple to fix.

lafricainlafricain

I don’t find where to edit the first message. I would like to add “solved”

Usually there is an Edit link at the top of the post, but maybe it expired. I marked it for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.