Distrowatch ranking

Forum Forums General Other Distros Distrowatch ranking

• This topic has 39 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated Feb 26-9:41 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    madibi

I would like to highlight that in the Distrowatch ranking antiX has surpassed elementary and now is in 14th place 🙂
      m

PPC

Yes, I’m somewhat pleased about that place in the ranking… but Distrowatch does not really measure the number of users of any particular OS… Probably the most used Linux distros are Ubuntu, Mint, MX-Linux, Manjaro and maybe Debian and Fedora – although those distros are all in the top 10, the order is pretty much arbitrary…

The latest comment about antiX is very positive and has many votes, one of the highest rated comment in a very long time – I wonder if that’s because more people are trying out antiX than ever? (economic crisis + aging computers = less people buying new computers and having to make due with what they have)

P.

Brian Masinick

Positive reputation and comments that get passed along DO make a difference. I’ve talked about antiX Linux many times in other places, and occasionally I’ll see someone pass those words along to someone else. The more of us who do that, the more we’ll see our name arise. Our friend Marcelo certainly tells his Brazilian Portuguese friends about antiX, and several of them have joined our forum. You ( @PPC ) have also made quite a difference, whether you think so or not.

--
          Brian Masinick

Karo

Another reason might be that there are less and less “nosystemd” distros that are really consistent in the implementation and furthermore work reliably. antiX is all that.
            And yes, Distrowatch is not a very meaningful gauge, but it is a certain confirmation of your work and approach.

Since english is not my native language and my knowledge is too poor to represent complex things I use a translator.
            These are known not to be perfect. If you translate one of my posts from german to english into other languages, the result will be worse and worse. Therefore, I post in both english and german, so that non english speaking users can have the german text translated directly into their language.

madibi

I would like to point out that in the Distrowatch ranking antiX is now placed #13th

Another leapfrog in a row!

m

PPC

Thanks for the update. I do, now and then checkout antiX on distrowatch, just to see if there is any new comment- the latest one, it’s a couple of months old, but is a very nice “review” of antiX 23, also one of the highest ranked “reviews” in the last years- probably because no new review came out after that one- and that seems a bit odd, since I bet at least some people did try to submit a review (praising antiX for breathing new life into their old computers or saying antiX is crap because “it fails to install on UEFI devices” or “has no audio at all”- both problems now have easy solutions just by performing an update before installing, and I can’t wait for 23.1 to come out, just to shut up those kind of insulting – but with some degree of validity- negative reviews)

P.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by PPC.
                Forum Admin
                anticapitalista

I think it is amazing that we are as high as we are considering there has been no DistroWatch review since 10 August 2015
                  when someone looked at antiX-15

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Brian Masinick

I would like to point out that in the Distrowatch ranking antiX is now placed #13th

Another leapfrog in a row!

m

Let’s all visit there over and over again, clicking on the antiX section, pass it on to our friends and have them do the same.
                    The more the traffic to our information rises the more likely they are to show some interest.

The reality is that a LOT of people who have older systems discover that our distribution works great – and these days, it works great with some newer systems too, thanks to the many versions and many kernels we offer; it gets better and better.

Thank you anticapitalista and thank you to everyone who contributes in various ways!

--
                    Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

I made a few visits; I’ll try from different browsers and different systems too.

--
                      Brian Masinick

Wallon

I made a few visits; I’ll try from different browsers and different systems too.

Me too.

Brian Masinick

+2

--
                          Brian Masinick

marcelocripe
                            marcelocripe

When I clicked on the antiX name it was 501.
                              I don’t believe that counter is working, because I did this test with clicks on different IPs and the count didn’t increase.
                              Let’s see if it increases.

– – – – –

Quando eu cliquei no nome do antiX estava 501.
                              Eu não acredito que aquele contador esteja funcionando, porque eu fiz este teste com cliques em IPs diferentes e a contagem não aumentou.
                              Vamos observar se vai aumentar.

blur13

@marcelocripe It shows yesterdays hits.

blur13

You can poke fun at distrowatch for being irrelevant, including biased reviews etc, but I still think that any publicity for Linux/BSD in general is good publicity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.