Documentation française

Forum Forums General Other Languages French Documentation française

• This topic has 630 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated May 23-9:36 am by Rantanplan.
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 631 total)
  • Author
    Wallon

Robin a ajouté des commandes terminal pour aCSTV. Donc, on ne voit pas les changements directement dans l’interface graphique. Si le nouveau fichier fonctionne, c’est parfait pour nous.
      Vous aussi vous ne pouvez plus regarder librement TF1, France2, France3…?

ChPol

TF1, société privée, demande une inscription depuis longtemps. TF1 série film, appartenant au même groupe privé, est visible par aCSTV mais comporte comme la maison mère un grand nombre de plages publicitaires assez longues.
        France 2, France 3, France Info… chaînes publiques demandent maintenant une inscription.
        Canal+, chaîne payante, est disponible en clair sur certaines plages horaires : ce sont des émissions promotionnelles pour attirer de nouveaux clients.
        Arte fonctionne sans inscription.

En utilisant Molotov sous android, on peut visionner plusieurs chaînes sans avoir à faire des inscriptions compliquées. Cela peut sûrement être casté sur une télévision, je n’ai pas essayé.

Tu vois que la situation française ressemble beaucoup à la situation belge, sauf pour Arte pour l’instant.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by ChPol.
        Brian Masinick

@Brian

I have memories of vi. Having to use it to configure and compile a program (sendmail, I think). I had a manual and anxiously followed the instructions line by line. It took me all day to see that the program was running and that I’d succeeded. I had to use it the next day with about twenty e-mail accounts. Just thinking about it made my stomach knot. Leafpad would probably have saved me a few hours, but it didn’t exist at the time. If I hadn’t had an obligation of results, I might have found it amusing. But I’m resistant to all those esoteric shortcuts for line feeds or replacing one path with another on five pages in three characters: it’s powerful but too hard for my little brain to remember. There are good technicians and others…

Thank you for dropping in from time to time.

Ch’Pol

I remember the first time I took a UNIX class in 1982. At that time I knew ABOUT UNIX, but I had zero experience WITH it, so I took a trip to New Jersey and went to an AT&T UNIX training class. They taught with ed or vi, neither of which I was proficient in at the time. Today I can do PLENTY with either of them, and also with Emacs, which I learned later that year too.

Just keeping up was a big challenge. A few years later I took some additional classes in the C language at an NCR training center just North of Dayton, Ohio. By that time I was well versed in UNIX, and even had some basic knowledge of C, so that class came MUCH easier than the previous ones.

Decades later all the default key bindings and commands in ed, vi, and GNU Emacs are second nature.
          Probably about a decade after I first used GNU Emacs I wrote a series of functions and key bindings to create an easy to use version of Emacs that used Word Processor bindings from a popular Digital Equipment Corp. (DEC) Word Processor known as WPS+. Interestingly enough, GNU Emacs already had built-in bindings to emulate the vi editor and the DEC EDT editor; I based my work and bindings on what I learned from their existing EDT functions and bindings.

--
          Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Another interesting assignment came much later in my career; by this time I was working in the financial services industry, where there are several extremely wealthy companies that can build internal networks where cost is not the primary concern, the main concern is getting as much value for the dollar as possible, so a couple of companies migrated several of their streaming financial data services from UNIX servers to Linux servers. This was perfect work for me; at first I was a test engineer, but it became the best job I ever had, taking responsibility for user acceptance testing, which in one company was pre-production deployment testing.

Many times I had to connect to meetings, before, during, and after regular business hours and received excellent compensation for that extra time. Most of it at this point was project activity coordination and I got a title to go with it – User Acceptance Testing Project Leader.

That work led to a special projects assignment, where I was the chief technical support for several project managers. I fixed a couple of their problems before they knew what was happening, but another time we had a huge data warehouse that required significant changes. I knew this was a problem for a script, but a shell script would probably be too limited, and at that point it was my strength and this was a UNIX environment with a Windows workstation. I contact a friend who was really good with Python, gave him a high level spec, mocked up some test data that gave no clues to what the actual project was, and we had a solution within a day; I had been struggling to figure out a handy tool for a day or two. My manager said that at first it seemed like I was taking a long time but when he saw the solution he was impressed; I learned a little bit about Python; I’m STILL nowhere near an expert, but more recently I wrote a few digital clock apps in several languages; Python was one of them; sometimes investing time in tools, whether editors, scripting languages or programming languages, is well worth the time and effort!

--
            Brian Masinick

ChPol

@Brian

You’ve had a busy, constantly evolving career.

I didn’t have the chance to take lessons. I’ve always used manuals or magazines.
              I think this laborious configuration dates back to the installation of my first Red Hat server in 1995. Web server, mails server, files server: a rock-solid system that was used for three years (during working hours) without a single crash, without a single error. It was a friend who explained to me that his university only used Linux for its network.
              I’d been using computers long before that, with DOS and a GEM graphical interface. You had to load diskettes – three if I remember correctly – to finally get to the program diskette, and you had to duplicate these diskettes over and over again so as not to lose the operating system.

We’ve made progress in a lifetime.

Ch’Pol

Brian Masinick

RHEL was what those companies used; I’ve never seen any other Linux version at American companies, though small companies sometimes build their own environment with free Linux and support it themselves.

My next door neighbor put together a Linux-based Internet phone branch exchange and both built and supported it himself. He asked me a few questions but what he planned was 100% correct. This same friend helped me fix an old laptop in about five minutes! He was a hardcore engineer and a very good guy.

--
                Brian Masinick

ChPol

@Rantanplan

Une nouvelle page soumise à ta sagace correction : une bonne connexion Internet.
                  Un brouillon que j’ai fini par mettre au propre pour étoffer la rubrique performances. N’hésite pas à me donner des corrections pour rendre le texte plus clair.

Je garde ton article sous le coude, mais je ne sais pas pourquoi tu t’obstines : si la fachosphère arrive, tu n’arriveras pas à te cacher. Fais comme moi, apprends le portugais pour t’enfuir en exil quand la catastrophe sera là ! L’espagnol, c’est bien aussi. Au Nord, il y a les Anglais… (et les corons).

Wallon m’a fait parvenir deux traductions françaises. J’ai donc deux articles pas trop compliqués avec des illustrations utilisables. Les affaires reprennent.

Àrl’vi, pâh !

Ch’Pol

ChPol

@Rantanplan

PPC ayant créé une nouvelle interface pour le gestionnaire de paramètres d’IceWM, une nouvelle page de présentation sort de la boîte.
                    Normalement, il y a peu de texte nouveau.

Quand tu as du temps

Ch’lut

Rantanplan

Agent très spécial Ch’Pol(itesse),

vu et relu bonne connexion “internette” :
                      Développer CPL pour ceux qui ignorent que ça veut dire : Club Populaire Lusitanien. Non ? C’est pas ça ? Je croyais.
                      Donc, vraiment à développer :-).

À la fin de Logiciel du chapitre Connexion filaire
                      Remplacer “en tapant “Enrée”” par “en pressant la touche “Entrée””.

RAS pour la nouvelle boîte ICEwm.

Je vais demander l’asile politique à Ste-Anne, plus on est de fous, plus on rit.

Tagada tsoin tsoin

Vive antiX !
                      Vive le Groland !

ChPol

@Rantanplan

La page qui va bien sur Radio-antiX. La présentation du programme de Robin sort des fourneaux.

Quando puder, como sempre

Por Chalut (dans le port)

Rantanplan

Ohé du bateau,

pour la radio : reçu 5 sur 5 et RAS, donc BAT.

Wouaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah warf ding-ding-ding dingo waoooouuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Vive antiX !
                          Vive le Groland !

ChPol

@Rantanplan

Merci pour la relecture
                            Corrigé
                            Merci
                            Merci

Pour Sainte Anne, je te déconseille. C’est très surfait et un peu snob.

Até breve
                            (Estou a treinar-te para português!)

Ch’Pol

Wallon

Je suis en manque d’inspiration pour la traduction du nouveau programme de Robin « antiX acoustic colours ».
                              Je trouve un peu étrange la traduction en français « Couleurs acoustiques ».
                              Est-ce que cela vous convient? Un peu étrange comme traduction pour un equalizer/égaliseur.
                              Désolé, je ne suis pas un mélomane.
                              Faut-il le laisser en anglais?

Wallon

J’ai vérifié comment ont été traduites les autres langues. Voici quelques exemples;

Si je demande la traduction de ce qui est écrit en Portugais du Brésil;
                                Ambiance sonore Contrôle du timbre
                                ou
                                Contrôle des timbres de l’ambiance du Son

Si je demande la traduction de ce qui est écrit en Allemand;
                                Sonorités
                                ou
                                Timbres

Si je demande la traduction de ce qui est écrit en Portugais.
                                C’est un mélange de Portugais et d’anglais;
                                Sélection des paramètres de l’égaliseur – antiX acoustic colours
                                ou
                                Sélection de configuration de l’égaliseur – antiX acoustic colours

Pas évident de traduire le programme « acoustic colours » dans le menu!

ChPol

Cher Wallon

Je compatis, mais comme généralement mes suggestions sont refusées, je ne peux te proposer que de prendre le contre-pied de ce que je soumets à ton choix.
                                  En restant dans la veine poétique et brumeuse du titre anglais :
                                  Sons colorisés pour antiX
                                  Ondes colorées d’antiX
                                  Réglages d’antiX pour l’acoustique
                                  Comme tu parles allemand (je crois), le titre allemand peut t’aider à trouver une idée brillante.

Mais comme le titre est censé aider l’utilisateur à comprendre de quoi il s’agit, je mettrais plutôt simplement :
                                  aAC égaliseur d’antiX, (je n’aime pas les titres à rallonge)

J’espère que tout cela va donner une idée géniale à Rantanplan !

Ch’Pol

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by ChPol.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 631 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.