Donating Funds Help

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Donating Funds Help

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Oct 1-7:59 am by rej.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rej

I am trying to donate through a credit card in U.S. dollars at this link:

https://antixlinux.com/

I don’t use Paypal.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Yes. There is no problem in using paypal without a paypal account. Simply use the credit card and it should work properly.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Hi rej, depending on your location you can do a transfer with WISE, that means a lot better ratio between your payment and money reaching antiX.
    Means more reaches antiX.

Paypal has transfer charges and gives a lousy exchange rate. I have sent thousands of Euro to Malaysia and Vietnam with what was transfer wise now call themselves wise.
    Only problem at first was id confirmation due money laundering regulations.

rej
    Helpful
    Up

Xecure – Thank you – it was successful.

—————–

Moddit-

Thanks –

After checking the WISE site and some of the sites reviewing it, it appears safe, although there were some other drawbacks for me.

I appreciate the suggestion and can understand the benefits of it. The exchange rate is 0.85 today and Paypal used 0.82.

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Hi rej, please also note that Paypal also takes a fee tor transactions across currencys. It is generaly higher than that of wise.

To date I have transferred several thousand Euro to both Malaysia and to my adopted family in Vietnam.
    Only problem was already mentioned documentation issue, designated to fulfill money laundering prevention laws.

BTW, my Family in Vietnam has had no income for last three months due covid closures and lockdown in HoChiMinh City, there is some government
    support but that is not enough to pay the bills. I have also asked for continued attention to situation of neighbours. Some were hungry.
    I have been glad to be able to get more to those in need rather than those in greed. Us company PP is grabbing millions, maybe billions in profit.

rej
    Helpful
    Up

Moddit-

Other than personal drawbacks, that would be unresolvable for me, WISE appears to be a nice option for money transfers. It has mostly good recommendations from various sites.

I am truly sorry for your family and neighbors and the terrible conditions they must endure. I hope there is relief there soon.

Thank you again for posting the information.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.