Dropbox will not install correctly

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Dropbox will not install correctly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by MW2K Feb 16-11:31 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MW2K

Doesn’t matter how I install it, whether I download the daemon app from their site, or run the wget script, it starts up and goes into some kind of loop. It opens up spaceFM and generates a whole bunch of tabs, and it’s impossible to shift focus out of it unless I kill the dropbox process. I noticed that when I downloaded the .deb and ran it, it complained it wasn’t Ubuntu or Debian and that Nautilus was missing.

Is Dropbox incapable of running correctly without nautilus?

skidoo

I’m not a dropbox user but a ten second forum search found a recent report stating it works OOTB with antiX.
    Check it out:

christophe
    christophe

Hey MW2k,

I, too, had this exact same trouble on one of my live usb antix sticks. I narrowed the trouble down to 2 possible reasons:
    1.) I was using an cheap, slow usb stick, or…
    2.) I was using an iso-snapshot of a full-install, which I backed-up & transferred to a live-usb environment.
    But I don’t know which was the cause. Maybe the monkeying around that i did with the iso was just beyond what the live usb program was designed for, or if the slow usb stick didn’t allow some process enough time to complete?
    I have installed “dropbox-nautilus” from synaptic numerous times and it downloads dropbox from the official site – and it just works in antix on full installs & live usbs (except for the case mentioned above). (It just doesn’t auto-start by default, which I like.)

I hope this helps in some way.

MW2K

Hey Christophe, thanks for your answer.

I’ll probably just install dropbox-nautilus and see how things go, because as it stands when I start dropbox up, it just goes into some kind of install loop that you have to kill. Otherwise, I’m loving this distro.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.