eeepc 701 4G 2G ram error on installation

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions eeepc 701 4G 2G ram error on installation

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by rokytnji Feb 17-8:53 am.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Having experienced the

failed to execute login command

Myself . I gotta ask. Did you do a md5sum check of your downloaded AntiX iso? To make sure it was not a bad download and your iso files are currupted.

Beer, Bikes, and BBQ. It's what we do. Master of none.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

CapitanSgrakkio

I didn t md5sum but now i did it, it looks 100% good.
    Not….it didn t worked the reinstallation, same same, maybe
    /root on sda1 (solid disk)
    /home on sdc1 (SD card)
    swap on sdc1

it doesn t work, maybe i gparted badly? i did it from the live session:
    sda1 / ext4 (4G)
    sdc1 /home ext4 (3.4G) and swap (around 500Mb)

Should i try the core?

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by CapitanSgrakkio.
    Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

I’d try a simple username and password on my next try. It can be changed after a succesful install. In case you are using illegal characters for a login.

CapitanSgrakkio

username and pswrds were very siple, 4 letters no capital letters
    Now i did a persistent installation on USB 2 stick everything runs ok, but youtube its too slow, u hear the sounds and see the image of before.. before it worked well, i did apt-get update &upgrade , dunno what to do again it seems i ll have to run a no GUI operatig system..

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

username and pswrds were very siple, 4 letters no capital letters
    Now i did a persistent installation on USB 2 stick everything runs ok, but youtube its too slow, u hear the sounds and see the image of before.. before it worked well, i did apt-get update &upgrade , dunno what to do again it seems i ll have to run a no GUI operatig system..

With a 800 mhz processor. You sound like I do in my IBM T23 thread. Mine is 1.2 ghz with no sse2 support. It makes watching youtube a PITA. Check out my thread why dontcha.
    It’ll teach you a little maybe?

You will find out streamlight is your friend for youtube videos and well as youtube-dl which is a command in terminal. Google is your friend in understanding what I am saying.

CapitanSgrakkio

i get an issue following your guide AntiX 8.5 Full install on Asus EEEPC 900
    after Gparted it dont let me put sda1 as root it has only NONE option.. what did i do wrong again?
    tring again with cli-installer:
    use separate /home partition? (tryng NO)
    Tnks again.
    IT Worked!! no login error, i got many killed things on the booting thou i ll do a foto tomorrow , i remember only timeout while populating dev, dunno what does it mean.
    but its working now, cli-install with root and/home (no swap) on sda1, 2G took on SSd, and sda formatted with Gparted ext2
    tnks again for helping me i ll watch how to make youtube-dl run tomorrow and to save the ssd with your advice, theres a way to overclock the 900 Mhz processor now working at 600 back again to 900?

skidoo

it dont let me put as root

Was your intended target partition too small? The installer ignores partitions smaller than 4GB

CapitanSgrakkio

Aok, it explains it, its a 4G disk so usable 3.something…G

CJ-TX

Any updates to share? I’m working with a 701SD and getting challenged all the way. Storage is 4GB internal and 4GB in the slot.

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Any updates to share? I’m working with a 701SD and getting challenged all the way. Storage is 4GB internal and 4GB in the slot.

Go with a base iso install. It takes up less space than a full iso install. That is all I have for you. Watch Run with Dolphin youtube videos also.
    If wanting full iso install. I’d bump the slot to 16 gig and use the internal 4 gig as storage.
    My eeepc how to’s. Though old. Are in the main site

http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Howto_articles#Installation_Tips

For a Browser. Check out this thread.

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=44098

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.